1996 - 1999 Ford Vehicles Service Manual | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 - 1999 Ford Vehicles Service Manual

Topol_86

Reaction score
City, State
Southwestern Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT V8 AWD
*DISCLAIMER* This is to show you how to get it. Any consequences from actually obtaining it are entirely your responsibility.

Found this online. It's the Ford Service Manual for all ford vehicles from 1996 up to 1999. The link to where you can start the download is HERE

This file is a torrent file. In order to download, you'll need a torrent file downloading program such as Bitcomet, which can be found Right here

Download and install bitcomet, and then go to the first link in this post, and select the link "download Torrent"

****This file is 2.8GB****(Quite Large, allow lots of time for it to download, took me close to a day)

One thing I found when installing the service manual is the wiring diagrams don't open. Simple solution. Edit the .iso file (it will be named 96_99.iso, and if you didn't change any settings bitcomet, located in C:\downloads) To do this, you'll need an iso program, such as UltraISO (a simple google search of ultraiso torrent will bring you to a variety of places you can download it)

Once in your ISO editing program, locate the folder named DATABASE, and rename it DATABASES, inside the folder named DATA. Simply burn it, and install. Without doing this change, you'll receive an error message while trying to bring up a wiring diagram.

I know this may seem like a lot of work, and it's not particularily easy unless you're fairly good with a computer. But, it'll save you $60-100 of actually buying it!

Mods, feel free to remove this if it violates any rules, and feel free to move it to anywhere you want. Simply intended to help people.

*copy the file before editing the ISO as doing so will not allow you to seed.* (I ended up redownloading 40% of the file because I added 1 letter and resaved. I let it redownload to help others that may be in need of this manual*

For those wondering what the PACODE is, (for oasis used during installation) apparently 12345 works, feel free to try it, I just hit next, no issues caused by not entering one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

seed this please!!!

I was seeding it, restarted computer into another operating system, forgot to start bitcomet again. If anyone downloading from this site keeps seeding, It'll make it alot easier for future downloaders, and help ensure it's available for others that happen upon it. It drove me crazy watching the speed drop off.

actual service manual. covers all models made by ford/lincoln/mercury from '96 up to '99.

This is the actual Ford service manual that the Ford dealers use. Please do not use a pa code. Just leave it blank! Unless you would like a visit from investigators looking for the unauthorized user of Fords database servers.
Make sure you do as told change the database folder to databases. the file Wiring_Sql.js looks for that folder to get its data. Then if you want to run this from your hard drive instead of keeping the dvd in the dvd drive all the time:

To run this dvd from your hard drive you must first install the DVD using the Setup.exe file on the dvd:

1: Copy the dvd to the hard drive. Create a folder on your hard drive and name it as you want. And copy the dvd to it. Example: C:\Ford Truck

2: Edit the file C:\TSO\ tsobrowser.ini to point to that folder.
The line to edit looks similar to this:
96_99=03~03~E:\Ford Service~E:\stock\home.htm~1996-1999 Service

Mine looks like this:
96_99=01~01~D:\Ford Truck~D:\stock\home.htm~1996-1999 Service

I copied the dvd to my D drive, to a folder I named FORD TRUCK.
Then i edited the tsobrowser.ini file using notepad to the above. The change from 03~03~E: to 01~01~D: reflects the change from removable media(dvd drive) to non removable media (hard drive).

SAVE A BACKUP COPY OF THE TSOBROWSER FILE BEFORE YOUR EDIT IT!!!

your new line might look like this if you copied the dvd to c:\FORD SERVICE:
96_99=01~01~C:\Ford SERVICE~C:\stock\home.htm~1996-1999 Service

The result is that you no longer need to have the dvd in the dvd drive to run the service manual, and it runs much faster.

Piratebay banned the whole US IP addresses? Or is my ISP?

I already have 3 leechers..err peers.

Downloading and will be seeding. Thanks!

The result is that you no longer need to have the dvd in the dvd drive to run the service manual, and it runs much faster.

It might be as easy or even easier to just install Daemon Tools ("lite" version is freeware, creates a virtual DVD drive/letter), mount the ISO with it, install app from setup exe, then leave the ISO mounted in Daemon Tools.

If you're into torrents then having DT to mount ISOs saves a LOT of blank DVDs.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/downloads

Thanks

I'll be doing this when I get home from work!

Quick question for those who have installed this (downloaded great, btw--thanks all!): the program installs normally and without any issues, but when trying to run the actual service program, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error "abnormal program termination", and it never runs. Anyone else seen similar behavior, and/or fixed it? Thanks in advance!

UDPATE:
Okay, so after some further research, I tried letting it install to its default location C:\TSO, and now it works fine. Apparently, even though it gives you the option of where to install it, it doesn't run if you choose a new location.

Impossible to get....

Hi guys,

just bought a 1996 Ford Explorer. Trying to download the ISO DVD service manual, but no one is seeding it, it's 3 days I'm at 4.9%....
I need it to investigate/repair some various problems of the truck... :(

Can maybe one of you seed the file?

Thank you!! :p:

confused... someone wanna be really cool and burn it to a disc and mail it to me (for some money)?

Hi guys,

just bought a 1996 Ford Explorer. Trying to download the ISO DVD service manual, but no one is seeding it, it's 3 days I'm at 4.9%....
I need it to investigate/repair some various problems of the truck... :(

Can maybe one of you seed the file?

Thank you!! :p:

Check your firewall/peerblocking/etc, the torrent Topol_86 linked (and below) has at least 12 seeders and a few more above 4.9% "right now" so it looks fine, can't see any other reason why you wouldn't be able to d/l it unless all these started seeding since your post.

http://ca.isohunt.com/download/93323509/96+99.torrent

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back