• Register Today It's free!

1996 5.0 xlt explo

Greekwhiteboy

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello all and belated Merry Christmas. My truck is all stock as of yet but I ordered a jmod kit recently and am in the process of getting everything I THINK I need for a single turbo. I've never screwedsaround with turbo before. just wondering since mine is awd how that might come into play. I've got 4r70w tranny. Thinking of getting a certain servo as well. Headers and exhaust. Is dual in dual out accomplishing the same thing as crossover? I need something to program compensation for what I plan on trying? Pretty overwhelming. I know the stock heads and cam aren't the greatest but I've read much about people just going with it and doing fine. I need to school up on the computer stuff. Any experiences or suggestions would help me out a lot. Paid $1300 for this truck almost a year ago and have pretty much replaced all suspension and a million other things. It runs like a beast but I want MORE. Thanks in advance I know y'all are busy

Torque monster or OBX headers
Your stock exhaust manifolds are choking the amount of power your v8 can make
Until you replace them with a better flowing manifold (header) you will not see big power gains from forced induction

You can also consider converting from awd to a 50/50 4x4 transfer case, a good conversion for ,any awd owners who want a bit more performance from their 5.0 explorer

welcome to the forum!! Another PNW member here......there are quite a few enthusiasts in this part of the country

Back