• Register Today It's free!

1996 explorer 5.0,

1935explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Wareham mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 explorer
Can a 1996 explorer 5.0 be supercharged with an internal egr ? The old explorer express kits said 1998-

Welcome, but that kit doesn't have a provision for the internal EGR. The upper intake is not used for the EE kit, so there isn't a simple way to include EGR. I think you could make it an external EGR system, by using the 98-01 right exhaust manifold, and the later EGR and elbow. I'm not sure how the exhaust manifold would fit the older GT40 heads, the plug wires might touch or be too close.

Welcome, but that kit doesn't have a provision for the internal EGR. The upper intake is not used for the EE kit, so there isn't a simple way to include EGR. I think you could make it an external EGR system, by using the 98-01 right exhaust manifold, and the later EGR and elbow. I'm not sure how the exhaust manifold would fit the older GT40 heads, the plug wires might touch or be too close.
Thanks for the info, I actually have 1998 manifolds because the 1996 ones were leaking and looked restricted, I just plugged the egr tube hole

Back