1997 5.0 DPFE vacuum line confirmation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 5.0 DPFE vacuum line confirmation

wesalexleft

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mountaineer V8 4.6L
I just want to confirm the vacuum line routing for a 1997 5.0 with a DPFE. I'd removed it to replace lower intake manifold gaskets, and didn't get the vacuum harness labeled before it came off. I'd just like to confirm the hookups below if possible.

There is a dual-connector that goes to the DPFE. This has a white and green line. The white line goes down to connect to a nipple on the intake, and it joins a red line there. From there, the red line goes to the fuel pressure regulator? Also, the green line coming off the DPFE goes over to the EGR vacuum nipple?

Does this sound correct? Going to get it hooked up this evening hopefully, but that back side is like working blind.

thanks,

If this is a GT40P engine the hoses are visibly different sizes IIRC.

Sorry, my mistake...not actually the DPFE--that is two lines going straight to the EGR tube and yes, they're different sizes. This is that thing on the black metal mount...round at the top, with a few of the small hard vacuum lines with colors green, white, and red. It's mounted just behind the EGR valve.

Back