• Register Today It's free!

1997 B2300 auto trans help!

minimac

Reaction score
City, State
bealeton va
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 XLT old body style
Hey guys, been awhile since i've been on here, i sold my 01 explorer two years ago, but now i just got a 97 b2300 from the guy who has my explorer.. so onto the problem.

1997 Mazda b2300, 2.3L 4CYL, 2WD automatic, 185K

The truck runs great, however, it takes forever for it to go into drive. It goes into reverse fine, and moves fine.

when selecting drive with the shifter, it doesn't engage, just acts like it's in neutral. But after the selector sitting in the "drive" position for about 15-20 MINUTES, it will go into drive, and all is well. truck drives down the road, shifts smoothly, downshifts when need be, just takes forever to go in drive!

Tranny has fluid, smells normal, normal color, reverse works great, drive works great once it engages.

Also, which automatic is in this truck?? rockauto says 4r44e, I've had 5r44e come up when searching for new ones.

If someone could help, that would be great. need this truck to help carry some supplies and save miles on my new car.

i was going to start by dropping the pan this weekend, changing the filter and fluid and see where that puts me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 116

Back