Solved - 1997 Ford Explorer sport spare tire tools | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 1997 Ford Explorer sport spare tire tools

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Brem95

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Explorer Sport OHV
Hey I’m looking for oem tools for changing a tire on a 1997 Ford Explorer sport. I’ll be driving it around quite a bit this summer and wanting to get the oem.
Let me know what you have, will pay shipping to Alberta, Canada.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you looked in the manual at how the ridiculous jack works on the front end? The factory tools are only good as a last resort. I’d have something better if I ever were going to change a tire on the road.

Have you looked in the manual at how the ridiculous jack works on the front end? The factory tools are only good as a last resort. I’d have something better if I ever were going to change a tire on the road.
No I haven’t. I have a decent bottle jack in the vehicle, but priority is get a tool that can lower spare tire and tire iron or oem tool. Trying to prepare for camping season! I bought the truck and all was missing haha.

No I haven’t. I have a decent bottle jack in the vehicle, but priority is get a tool that can lower spare tire and tire iron or oem tool. Trying to prepare for camping season! I bought the truck and all was missing haha.
Ahhh. That stuff makes sense. The factory jack is questionable at best. If my truck was here I’d send them to you at cost, I never carry a spare.

If I recall this looks like everything that came in my 96 and 98, except the jack hook, which you wouldn’t need.
Thanks that’s what I saw hoping it would fit a 97 sent a message to the seller.

I have the actual explorer parts, the ones in that picture are for a Ranger (4 short rods) they will work but the explorer actually came with two longer rods....not 4
I have a bunch of these from Explorers I am in North Idaho and can ship if needed.

I have the actual explorer parts, the ones in that picture are for a Ranger (4 short rods) they will work but the explorer actually came with two longer rods....not 4
I have a bunch of these from Explorers I am in North Idaho and can ship if needed.
How much are you looking for? Thanks

How about $20 USA + Ship? including both tire winch rods and the lug wrench

:usa::usa:

How about $20 USA + Ship? including both tire winch rods and the lug wrench
I appreciate the offer, I ended up finding one locally so I am set. Cheers

Heck yes!

Do you still have any of these tools left? I'm in the same situation of having bought mine and no spare tire tool. I have had two flats since yesterday.

Thank you!!

Back