1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 Evaporative Emissions System Line | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 Evaporative Emissions System Line

top4874

Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville,AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97&92 Ranger, 95 Aerostar
I have searched all over to find this part and have struck out everywhere. Anyone have a lead on where I might be able to find one? Mine had dry rot and is causing a vacuum leak and a strong gas odor almost all of the time.

The line that I need goes from the intake manifold to the CANP solenoid. I have a makeshift piece of vacuum hose in place for now, but it is only a temp fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A rubber line ratedd for fuel wont work?

It seems to work short term, but it has an almost 90* bend that eventually collapses.

You can find plastic barbed vacuum fittings in assorted sizes and angles at auto part stores to solve the bend problem.

agreed you should mcgyner this its simple plumbing. I have used plastic and brass bits with hoses and hose clamps to fix these stupid EVAP lines on the explorer. Otherwise just about any 96-2001 Explorer sport or sport trac will have the part you need at the local JY or somebody on Craigslist parting one out.

Back