• Register Today It's free!

1997 Kkm?

rvaedge

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 5.0
Sorry to start another intake thread, but I could find anything on this problem. I have a 1997 Ford Explorer 5.0 Awd. I recently ordered the 96-97 5.0 kkm for it. I got it and everything looks great. Two questions though. How do I get the mass air flow sensor to connect to my intake hose. I have the maf attached to the air filter adapter and everything, but how do I attached it to the intake hose. The kit came with a circular silicon thing, but I dont see how that would do it, but i dont see anything else it would be used for. I just dont see any possible way to attach the maf to the hose without a part I dont have. Also what pre existing hole do I put the mounting bracket in?

the backside of the maf is a round section, that attaches to the intake hose with the silicon boot

The silicon thing is too skinny to attach the two together. Its about 3 inches in diameter, but less than an inch wide. This is frustrating, you spend a 100 bucks, you think you'd get good directions atleast. Instead of trying to figure out what the heck that silicone thing is for, I went out and bought a rubber pcv pipe fitting thing with clamps on either end to attach the maf to my intake tube. I still have NO CLUE where the mounting bracket attaches to the car, and the directions dont really do diddly squat to help you. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but I expect when I pay 100 dollars on something as simple as an intake, it should be either easy to install, or have good directions, and unless I am completely looking past something then this is not as easy as it should be. Does anyone have a picture of the kkm installed on their 96 or 97 5.0???? Im trying to find the hole for the mounting bracket!

Back