• Register Today It's free!

1998 Explorer Sport 4 Door

dkalleck

Reaction score
City, State
Beaverton, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
I'm looking to modify my Sport to have rear doors similar to a Ranger extended cab. Anyone know if anyone has done this yet? I have been checking the body styles and if i take the doors from a ranger they would have to be modified significantly.
I'm willing to do all the work i need to but i'd like to see if it's been done

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as i have been on this site that is one mod i have yet to see.

that would be sick!

I know! After checking out some pictures of Rangers and Sports I've determined the doors will need heavy modding. The Ranger door would contact the wheel well so that part of the door would have to be trimmed down. Then the other concern i see is the rear glass shape is skewed. Not sure how the door would fit in with that.

I wonder if it would be easier to fab a custom door to use the existing window. If I had an extra sport laying around id like to try it. Maybe use a ranger door as a template for how to do the edges so they'll seal well and still be strong. That would make the rear seat so much more accessible

ExplorerRanger.jpg

Cheap microsoft paint edit of what i'd want it to look like

I like it!

Pretty good picture for using my laptop touch pad and ms paint ^_^

I approve! when I viewed it on my phone it looked almost convincing lol

No kidding. I had to actually study it to see what he did.

making that picture definitely motivated me to get this done. I'm in school getting my associates degree in welding. So, when i'm finished, this should be a piece of cake.

Back