1998 Explorer XLT OHV 4x4 "Project Pale Rider" is for sale | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 Explorer XLT OHV 4x4 "Project Pale Rider" is for sale

JungleSkunk

Reaction score
City, State
Carbondale, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0
With deep regrets it is time to let the old girl go. It has been a fun project but it was time to move up to a new vehicle. I will be driving a new to me 2016 Jeep Unlimited 4 door and I just dont have the room to keep the explorer.

200k miles but runs strong. 4x4 hi and low works. Transmission professionally rebuilt by national transmission 25k miles ago. 31 x 10.5 NEW Patagonia Mud Terrain tires with full size spare on gambler rims. Warrior lift shackles in rear. Roof rack, front curved light bar, 4 led pods on rear and side of rack. New rancho front shocks, Front end rebuilt 6 months ago including bearings, cv axles, hubs, inner and outer tie rods. Monroe sensitrac rear struts Raptor lined lower New touch screen stereo with bluetooth New battery Clean interior This is a good running vehicle and will drive anywhere in colorado but is 20+ years old and needs some tlc.

It needs a winshield, o2 sensors, (probably the intake gaskets) and a front end alignment but otherwise never let me down. I had the transmission rebuilt about 25k miles ago after it started slipping and havnt had any issues since. Doesnt smoke, never ran hot. With the current mud tires 60+ mph on the highway is a little rough on these colorado roads but will get you there.

I have about $1800 in the transmission rebuild from the shop, $800 in new tires with about 3k miles on them, and another $600 in front end parts. I am willing to let this go for way less than recent work Ive had done to it just because I need it out of the driveway.

Located in SILT, COLORADO on the western slope. I have it posted for $2500 OBO locally but would be willing to make someone a great deal if they are a member of the forum and willing to appreciate this old girl! She makes a few noises and burns a little oil but will go anywhere you point it and stop when you get there.

Build thread is a little outdated but can be seen here: Project Pale Rider 2.0 98 XLT Budget trail rig

I dont check the forums as much as I use to so if you cannot get ahold of me here shoot me an email at HERE

195444042_4433168183362013_577370024718573154_n.jpg

65073834_2592693240742859_1745760951484809216_o.jpg

you know you've posted this in the UK section, right?

Si
I guess my absence has proceeded me. I didnt know there was a UK section!? Maybe a mod could help me move it to the proper "USA" section!? So much has changed on the site in the past years its hard to even recognize it sometimes.

Thanks for moving the thread!

Its been moved! (Love the Roof Rack... )

Back