1998 Ford 5.0L - Mystery part | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 Ford 5.0L - Mystery part

Xylene

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT V8
I really need to do a better job of keeping track of where parts go. I have a mystery part that I haven't a clue what it is, let alone where it goes.

20210914_230207.jpg
20210914_230202.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fascinating. I would swear I've never seen that before when removing the 5.0 from the Explorer before putting it into the Ranger.

Fascinating. I would swear I've never seen that before when removing the 5.0 from the Explorer before putting it into the Ranger.
Months ago when I took this engine apart and found this part I thought to myself "Oh, no I have no clue where that goes". I still don't have a clue where it goes.

Are you sure it if from the Ex? I have never seen anything like that either. It almost looks like it might be some kind of alignment tool.

it looks like a fuel pressure regulator line tool from the early ranger 2.9 and 4L motors

how it got there would be a mystery

Is that in the engine compartment?
no on the output shaft of transfer case .. it holds down the speed sensor with one 10 mil bolt.. thats my guess check it out

Back