SOLD 1998 Low Milage 81.500 miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOLD 1998 Low Milage 81.500 miles

dezufo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 ford explorer/LPG
The time has come for me to let go of Laura the Explorer have owned her from 2004 but she is now surplus to requirements as now have smaller vehicle more suited to my needs.
Has been on sorn for 2yrs due to fuel pump packing up, have got a second hand pump but do not have the time to do the job
Has multi point LPG conversion and approx 20litres of gas left in tank, Longlife Stainless exhaust from the cat back, OZ wheels with Cooper Discoverer AT tyres with plenty of tread, will come with 2 Centric refurbished calipers unused, paerwork for parts bought and work done over the years, some of the work done by local ford dealer other work by me
Will need transporting as will not start although she does turn over.
20201006_125230.jpg20201006_125207.jpg20201006_125303.jpg20201006_125424.jpg20201006_125459.jpg20201006_125526.jpg
Looking for £600 via paypal, bank transfer or cash

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gloucestershire

yes, I checked relay and inertia switch as there was no sound of pump and no pressure in rail,

possibly but I do not know how to override the system to get it to start on lpg

Can you push the button on the LPG switch? Only other way to check is a compression test.

Si

yes I can push the button but to over ride it has to be pushed x amount of times and that is what I do not know

You should be able to arm it with the ignition on. Then turn the ignition to fire on lpg... hopefully. It's not a big job to change rhe pump. Would take me an hour maybe

Si

went out to it earlier to see what I could do and found the battery is bloody flat. saw a video on utube where some guy was fitting a pump and the tank had to be dropped seemed a bit more than an hour

I've got an impact gun, so shouldn't take an hour. I'm really interested in this anyway, even tho it's about 180 miles away

Si

just had 2 people on gumtree enquire about it so will have to get back to you if they do not buy it

@blueka ok so one of them was a scammer and the other wanted it for next to nothing. so if you are still interested then I would prefer it to go to you as you will make good use of her, if not then it will be going to the scrappers as it is taking up space on the drive and that needs resufacing

How soon do you need it to go? I need to do a little shuffling around up here first. Got one going to the bosyshop this week/next week

Si

asap but by end of month at the latest, btw I have got it up on ebay as well but if you deffo want it then I can take it off there.

Back