• Register Today It's free!

1998 XLT build :)

BruceExploder

Reaction score
City, State
Edmond OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
Found me a 1998 5.0 for 600$ she needs alot of TLC but runs really strong. RWD but for 600 I couldn't pass it up @156k. Planning on repainting her soon Among other things.

Almost just bought to flip and resale but I think it will make a great project that I can enjoy :)

IMG_20190127_090353.jpg
IMG_20190127_090542.jpg
IMG_20190127_090345.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New front seats I found out of a mounty at my local pick and pull. It has two mismatch color seats and one is severely ripped so they are coming out.

IMG_20190127_092845.jpg

New front bumper. Going to either Plasti dip or bed liner it black first and also paint the rear bumper the same.

IMG_20190113_192337.jpg

Smoking deal. What’s the plan with it?

Smoking deal. What’s the plan with it?

I'm going to refresh everything on the interior and exterior and make it my daily. I have a 99 Eddie that's way nicer that is my current daily but it is pushing 270k and the transmission and engine have seen better days.

Changing the seats. Looked high and low for limited seats with warmers but couldn't find any.

New carpet
New tires
New brakes
plastidipping the wheels
Repainting the entire car orginal color

Dual exhaust (probably flowmasters).
Light bar on top
led fog lights
Running boards
New headlights
Moving my subwoofers and amplifier from the Eddie to this truck.

I'm also debating lifting it after everything else is done. I can't off-road it with that drive train so it would be the very last thing I do to it.

Took the current bumper off and practiced painting it with bedliner and Plasti dipped my spare wheels black.

I debated getting the whole truck raptor/bedlined but I think just the bumpers/grill and Plasti dipping all the trim black but repainting it green is going to look great.

Snapchat-1873604947.jpg
Snapchat-1807753291.jpg

Good score.

IMG_20190225_175852.jpg
IMG_20190225_175843.jpg

Got a little bit more done. Not sure if I'll just get the carpet cleaned but it's coming out for now.

IMG_20190225_210206.jpg
IMG_20190225_210158.jpg

Also cleaning and Plasti dipping parts of the interior plastic to clean it up

Got the seats and the vinyl in. Somewhat perplexed on where to find wiring diagrams to try to get the power on the driver's limited seat to work harness has multiple wires instead of hot and ground. I brung the opposite side of the harness with it so I would be able to wire it in. Passenge seat is normal and works perfectly.
IMG_20190226_212218.jpg

Have to go see if any auto stores loan steering wheel pullers so I can put these in tomorrow
IMG_20190226_213304.jpg

We can get the wiring diagrams for those seats, what year Mounty are they from?
Nice score, under 160K is LOW MILES for a 5.0 :)

We can get the wiring diagrams for those seats, what year Mounty are they from?
Nice score, under 160K is LOW MILES for a 5.0 :)

I found mounty seats first but then I found a limited and grabbed those also. I put the limited seats in this but it has the old style two wire plug. The limited seats have a big plug with multiple wires so I didn't know if there's anyway to make them work or not. I think they are out of a 1998 limited.

If not I will be getting a manual seat track so I can still use them.

FYI you can bolt the new seats to your existing seat tracks?
I will get some wiring diagrams for the limited seats should be helpful

FYI you can bolt the new seats to your existing seat tracks?
I will get some wiring diagrams for the limited seats should be helpful

I was thinking that and I took it off and it still had different connectors even just between the seats own connections. So I figured with the manual tracks I can just pull it forward or back manually. If I put it on my existing seat tracks or use the track it came with I would have to rewire it to get it to move

IMG_20190227_183711.jpg
IMG_20190227_095110.jpg

I have two of the green connectors going from the car. One for the seatbelt sensor and other for the seat. But the brown connector from the seat track motor only connects up to the seat it came from the limited connector is bigger with more connections

I dig the mountaineer seats! I have been looking to replace my cloth style ones but they are in such good condition I hate to yank them out!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got my stereo and backup camera installed this weekend. Made a mess of the back hatch but it's ok I'm replacing/cleaning panels and things as I get everything taken off and broken down. Started driving her now that I have tunes when I don't have to bring the kids with me :)

IMG_20190303_090652.jpg

IMG_20190303_085541.jpg

Back