1999 ex sport manual conversion. URGENT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 ex sport manual conversion. URGENT

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer sport sohc 99
hello my fellow ford lovers, I just converted my 99 sport to manual. I bought the truck for the conversion. everything seems to be good how ever I keep getting the solenoid codes and this wont allow me to past e-test here in Ontario Canada. I just bought a 2004 ranger 4x4 pcm programed for manual. my question is are the pin outs the same and will my existing wiring harness that I modified will work with it? I work at a ford dealer and nobody seems to want to help me cause they don't get paid lol. however I have access to a IDS computer. ive read that if it isn't the same I can fry the pcm or gem in the process. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

04 is going to be too new, its can-bus wiring. You need one from an 01 sport job 1 for it to be plug and play.

I tried it with my swap 2 years back with a ranger pcm also and ran into emissions codes. If everything, EVERYTHING matches it's possible to work just fine I even tried to fool the pcm with a "sensor load." No dice.

You mentioned the wiring harness...if that matched the PCM you're good if you have all the right sensors to plug into for the engine and emissions.

For mine, I eventually just got it programmed and turned off the light for the codes but their still there if I check. I have the same issues for WA state. I'll be doing more research when I move home to pass emissions for the last 3 years before my truck is a "classic." Good luck.

Back