1999 explorer 2dr no front axle action | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 explorer 2dr no front axle action

alexlepine

Reaction score
City, State
montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer sport 2drs
hi i have a 1999 explorer 2dr and there is no current going to the brown wire for my front axle, what am i suppose to check. in theory when i pu it in 4hi there should be 14 volts of dc current going to the electromagnent, right? well i check for voltage and there is none. when i unplugged the module where the brown wire goes to the 4hi and 4lo flashes so i was assuming the module is working properly. whant's my next step? apply dc from lighter + to brown wire? check which module or fuse because none seem to be blown.

a bit of an update. this morning i applied a 12v dc from the lighter to my brown wire that goes directly to the magnent and it works. i am now with a 4x4 explorer. so what should i check now to know where i am losing my current. if someone can have a schematic or the complete wiring diagram it would be truely appreciated. like i sais when i switch the rotary switch to 4hi the dash light lite, but no current is going thrue the brown wire, i can hear a clic when i engage 4lo and the tc switch but the front wheel doesn't engage.

please help me

Back