1999 Explorer. Running boards. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Explorer. Running boards.

Hi everyone!

Lifelong Ford truck fan(F100's and F150's) who recently bought a 1999 Explorer XL (April.)

The vehicle has 74000 miles and is extremely clean and has apparently been well maintained. The only problem is that it was backed into on the driver's side doing damage to both doors, the center post, and the rocker molding.

I got (same color!) doors from a local scrap yard and a local body shop straightened the post and hung the doors for me. It really turned out nice!

I bought the vehicle because it was cheap and I was in a bind. But, the more I drive it, the more I like it.... great mileage, very versatile, and pretty comfy too!

The only thing I have left to fix is the rocker trim. And, I would really like to go with the factory running boards that replace that trim. I bought a set of Eddie Bower one's but they have a gap on the front to match the fender flares, and a step on the back for same. Not really interested in adding fender flares.

I've located some of the running boards I'm looking for but they are from different model years.

Does anybody know which years will fit??? The one's I'd really like to go with are off a '97. They look like they'd work. But, I'm afraid the holes won't line up or something.

Anybody know for sure???

I actually have a set of gray boards from a 99. If you send me your zip code I'll check on shipping.

Back