1999 explorer to sport trac conversion/swap. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 explorer to sport trac conversion/swap.

boost4life

Reaction score
City, State
Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
my general goal is to build a mild, this goes with out saying but bad ass prerunner! Anyways I love the look of the sport tracs and I've done dozens of searches and the little limited info that I do find just says no, can't be done.... Lol I'm not deterred by that, with enough money anything can be done. Any ways

If there are any interchanged parts, interior exterior, ect please lmk. I'm also not afraid to take a sawz all and go to town lol. Please help with whatever knowledge you have on the subject and I will have pics and progress up asap!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome, and I gather you are after the bed in the back "look" yes? I think I've seen it done at least once here, just cut out rear parts from the 4dr to leave an open back.

The Sport Trac is longer both in the body and the frame. So you have to work with the 4dr chassis and alter the back end. The front parts will all swap, including the V8 and trans, transfer cases. Search for a long while and you will find lots of ideas for everything, but the rear body modifications will be tougher. Have fun with it.

one guy did one. i want to say his name was janderson but i cant say for sure. he did it right, painted it yellow, lifted it and it looked badass

I've searched a lot. Pretty sure I went to the end of the Internet. Lol all I could find was the front end conversion from https://www.mcneilracinginc.com/pro...t-trac-3-piece-off-road-fiberglass-conversion

im sure that kit isn't necessary though. I bet I could find fenders hood lights bumper from a sport trac and make them fit.

but ya nothing on the truck bed? I'm sure I could just take a torch and a welder and make something look pretty good but I was hoping they were somewhat compatible.

Thanks for finding that thread Tim. I remember seeing it one time before he finished it. Wow that turned out awesome, and I knew it would.

Back