1999 Explorer XLT - Stock Fog Light Socket/Harness | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

1999 Explorer XLT - Stock Fog Light Socket/Harness

I'm trying to find some harnesses/pigtails that plug into the factory fog light plug on a '99 XLT.

I've replaced my bumper with an RLC (LOVING IT!), and want to install new foglights, but use the factory wiring.

I just found some a few days ago, but somehow lost the link and can't remember what they're called.

Anyone able to help me out? These would be a two-wire harness/pigtail that has the same socket/receptacle that the factory fog light H1 bulb holder has.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Get rid of the ads!
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
. First register on the forum, then join the Elite Explorers to get rid of the ads!

kythri

Reaction score
City, State
Lebanon, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Something like these:

Aptiv Delphi Metri-Pack Wire Harness H1 Fog Light Bulb Pigtail Female Socket Fit | eBay

The yellow plug end is what's hanging from my front end with the stock bumper/fogs removed. The black plug end is what I'm looking for.

Of course, worst case scenario is that I could just buy those in the link, and clip the plug end I don't need, but when I found them a week or so ago, I found a lot of options, and would like to know exactly what I am looking for is called.

ElectronFlow

Ever Have The Feeling You're Being Watched??
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer PIU 3.7L NA
H1 male socket.

H1 Male Socket.jpg

Elessar65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
Using the stock wiring and switch for aux lights is what I am planning on doing. Eventually, once I finish fixing everything (as if that will ever end). I got rid of the plastic lower bumper and fog light area long ago. Why wire up your own relays and stuff when Ford did it for you? And included a nice switch on the dash, lol.

kythri

Reaction score
City, State
Lebanon, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Discovered the stock fog light male/female harness assembly is just a standard 2-way Metri-Pack connector. Should be easy to source.

traveler

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EB Explorer 5.0
Yea, I know old thread, but I'm bored at work so deal with it... hehe

I just found the plug and wire for the OEM foglights, then spliced the wires from the new aftermarket fogs to those. Easy Peasy.

DemonMudder

Muddin' Till Death
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Exploder XLT
That's exactly what I did for mine, just swapped connectors for the old factory ones and boom, some nice fogs with DRLs. Easy and worth it

20220323_105631.jpg