1999 ford exp.sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 ford exp.sport

Bbrown57

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer
hello been having some issues with my 99 exp. been to several shops no one seems to be able to tell me what the problem is.
when under excelaration I get a really loud popping or bang coming from the rear of the sport almost seems to push it forward just a bit when it bangs or pops im totally puzzled and it seems other mechanics are as well, desperately need help here seems to be getting worse any sugestions will be greatly appreciated ty so much.:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which drivetrain?

drive train

coming from the rear seems to be axel rear pinion bearing

You never mentioned which drive you have i.e. AWD, RWD, 4WD.

A couple other things, I assume you have checked the rear drive shaft and u-joints but have you serviced the slip yoke recently.

You may have to get under there and really check good, the suspension, shocks, brakes, & driveline.

Now if its AWD or 4WD, there's more stuff to check there, obviously the transfer case. And you make sure you check those fluids under there too.

it has new shocks and its full time 4 wheel drive has a leak coming from the front side of the rear end assuming a seal is bad but a definite back of truck noise someone told me a rear pinion bearing he had the same issue can feel it move the truck forward a bit when the bang happens dose not do it every time when I accelerate lets say 3 out of 5 times during excelaration check all the suspension shocks breaks ext and ujoints has to be internal but I can say with a lot of confidence the noise is not coming from transfer case

Back