1999 ford explorer blower motor not working | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

1999 ford explorer blower motor not working

Bledsoegt61

Reaction score
City, State
Madisonville Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford explorer Eddie
Replaced blower motor and the resistor and all fuses and relays are new all plugs and prongs are in good shape. I even replaced the EATC with one I know worked and the blower motor still isn't coming on.. plz help

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
Welcome.

<

CJYoung

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ijamsville
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Callsign
Gunsmokes Band
Replaced blower motor and the resistor and all fuses and relays are new all plugs and prongs are in good shape. I even replaced the EATC with one I know worked and the blower motor still isn't coming on.. plz help
Hi, Welcome.
I had same thing. Replaced switch on dash. Presto!!

<

<

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Did you do a eatc self test?
My gut says it’s in the wiring or a fuse

<

<

1998Exp

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited V8 AWD
Throwing parts at a problem is not a good strategy, neither is guessing - it's time for some systematic diagnosis. I'd suggest to start by testing (the presumably) good motor. Unplug it and hook directly to the battery with a pair or wires. If it works, check if the blower gets power and ground. Plug the connector back, turn the power and blower on. Get a test light (or a multimeter, if you have one) and probe both wires with respect to some solid ground or battery negative post (again, do this with the connector plugged in!). One wire should read +12V; the other should be at zero. If both are at +12V or both at zero, there is an electrical problem. Report the results and we'll help you from there.

<