1999 Ford Explorer Brake Pedal Position Switch Replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Ford Explorer Brake Pedal Position Switch Replacement

Lee's Automotive

Git-R-Done
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC
Hello everyone, this video details the replacement of the brake pedal position switch on a 1999 ford explorer I hope you all enjoy this video if you have any questions or comments let me know and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

Link to parts used in this video
Amazon product ASIN B0011DU8CA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have never enjoyed working under dash boards. Great perseverance there !

I have never enjoyed working under dash boards. Great perseverance there !
Me neither it's a very tight fit but I got it done and thanks

I did a thread on this a while back
Seems that we had the same problem exactly

I did a thread on this a while back
Seems that we had the same problem exactly
Yep i only had brake lights if i slammed on them or pushed hard but light braking i had no lights at all

Hello everyone, this video details the replacement of the brake pedal position switch on a 1999 ford explorer I hope you all enjoy this video if you have any questions or comments let me know and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

Link to parts used in this video
Amazon product ASIN B0011DU8CA

Good video. My uncle might deal with the same issue on his new incoming Explorer project. It's in the shop for the installation of the new brake pads and tires plus the alignment. We'll take a closer look at it tomorrow.

Good video. My uncle might deal with the same issue on his new incoming Explorer project. It's in the shop for the installation of the new brake pads and tires from 4Wheelonline, plus the alignment. We'll take a closer look at it tomorrow.
Thanks so much for the kind words and if i can be of any assistance don't hesitate to reach out

Back