1999 ford ranger 4 low and 4 high dash lights flash 4 times | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 ford ranger 4 low and 4 high dash lights flash 4 times

pro5point8

Reaction score
City, State
pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford ranger 3.0 4x4
i just wanted to know if anyone can help me my 4 low and 4 high dash lights keep flashing at the same time 4 times sending me a code and it wont go into 4 low or 4 high cant figure it out

tranfer case motor

I had the same problem. When I swithed to 4H the lights would flash but I could hear the relays cliking so I figured it was the transfer case motor. Bought a new one $100.00 R&R took 10 min and 4x4 works just fine now. There is a good post on this sight about rebuilding you transfer case moter. I chose to buy the new one I'm not good at taking things apart and putting them back together right.

about my situation

hey thanks alot i will look into it just wish i did this a week ago because it just dumped 6 inches here and i coulndt take the truck to work had to take my brand new jeep which i hated doing since i work with coal didnt wanna get it all scumed up from work thanks again i will take a look at it this weekend to try to see if thats the problum

Back