1999 Limited with 17K Miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Limited with 17K Miles

W

WhiteLimited

Family friend of my roommate is moving out of state, They bought this explorer new for his wife in '99...They stay in AZ in the winter so the truck has never seen snow and sits in a heated garage all the time...She hardly drives and it has 17,036 miles on it! My roommate drove it an its MINT! they removed the drivers running board for her to get in/out easier..but its included...

They want $10k for it, but I personally think there is wiggle room in the price..I think its well worth it, its a once in a life time kinda thing?

99 limited explorer V8 5.0 AWD every option except air ride and backup sensors. 17k miles! I wanted to show you guys a MINT Explorer:salute:Cheers

0019.jpg

0015.jpg

0014.jpg

0005.jpg

0009.jpg

0011.jpg

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has this vehicle been sitting in the frozen tundra for its entire life? If so, I hope it was winterized and started routinely.

Man, that could honestly be a tossup- my Grandma had a '89 Tempo scrapped in 2004 with 28,000 miles on it becasue the seals and everything were junk from not running. Why does it seem like it shouldn't be that dirty inside and under the hood for 12,000 miles?

Man, that could honestly be a tossup- my Grandma had a '89 Tempo scrapped in 2004 with 28,000 miles on it becasue the seals and everything were junk from not running. Why does it seem like it shouldn't be that dirty inside and under the hood for 12,000 miles?

Naw, this car was there summer car when they were in Alaska for the summer. When you have the money they do it was well taken care of. :salute:

Why does it seem like it shouldn't be that dirty inside and under the hood for 12,000 miles?

12K miles and 10 years would make it look like that. Nothing that a professional detail couldn't take care of. Nice find!
I got my 98 5 months ago with only 58K on it - MINT TOO!

Wow. That's the deal of the year...and I don't care if you had to go through and reseal the entire thing.

10,000 for a explorer hahahaha your crazy. just my opinion

While I'd love to have such a low mileage Explorer, at $10k it'll be a tough sell in today's SUV market.

While I'd love to have such a low mileage Explorer, at $10k it'll be a tough sell in today's SUV market.

Yup

Blue Book Private Party Value
1999 Ford Explorer Sport Utility 4D

Condition Value

Excellent
$7,530

Good
$6,995

Fair
$6,300

Probably still too high with gas prices the way they are. Nice truck though.

thats a steal danny that is a nice limited. Are you going to do mods on it.

Yes they are asking a little higher price for it. But it's like brand new :D These people have more money then god but they are tight ass's too for some reason. Oh well haha :salute:

there is a 04 limited for sale 3 blocks from where i live and it has only 8K miles on it but they are asking 18,995 for it.

there is a 04 limited for sale 3 blocks from where i live and it has only 8K miles on it but they are asking 18,995 for it.

wow thats amazing not...sorry for the vent but seriously dude this thread is for the 1999 limited not the one down the street from you sorry everyone for the temp hijack/vent

but for a 1999 17k miles i never thought id see the day ahha but i don't think that they're going to find a buyer very quick but then again i don't know the alaskan trade up there ha

wow thats amazing not...sorry for the vent but seriously dude this thread is for the 1999 limited not the one down the street from you sorry everyone for the temp hijack/vent

but for a 1999 17k miles i never thought id see the day ahha but i don't think that they're going to find a buyer very quick but then again i don't know the alaskan trade up there ha

The whole point is were looking at buying it...Thanks for the Sam thing :salute: Cheers

offer them good blue book and tell them thats all the bank will loan for it

thats not the point.. the people dont have to know that he is using 100% of his money. he can tell them the bank will only finance X amount

I would pass on that price. It looks closer to a 117k vehicle than a 17k vehicle.

I would show them the KBB value and have them open their eyes a bit. This is an SUV (hard to sell for KBB value today, much less 3k MORE) Believe me...I WISH I could get KBB for my fully loaded 99 Sport.

If it was a 93 Cobra or something that's actually considered a collectable then I would understand...

Offer them the KBB/bank loan value...if you really want it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm with everyone else. To ask 10K for somthing that's worth 8K in today's market is absurd. I also agree that I'd be concerned with the seales in the engine from sitting. Sometimes garage queens aren't all that great. This again is just MHO. I'd like to have that over a brand new limited any day.

Back