• Register Today It's free!

1999 Mazda truck

Smoothie

Reaction score
City, State
Hayes
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 4x4 Mazda B4000
So I’m needing to know if a 2010 4.0 V6 Ford engine will fit and work in a 1999 truck model. Thanks for your time and any input is appreciate.

So I’m needing to know if a 2010 4.0 V6 Ford engine will fit and work in a 1999 truck model. Thanks for your time and any input is appreciate.
sorry! i didnt see this because i looked at ur under the hood thread which im nkt allowed to post in so i pmd you... hope jts not too late!
as far as i know, the 10 sohc should fit your b series. what transmission is your b series? the 10 sohc should mate to any 5r trans. does yours have a 5r55e? if so, take ALL the wiring and pcm and accessory brackets etc from a 4th gen X. best yet, try getting a donor in which you can take all the wiring from IF you do not have the engine yet. if you already have the engine, go to your local JY and pull all of the wiring and pcm from a 4th gen. i am not quite sure if you can use the OHV equipment, ad mine came stock with a SOHC, but to be safe i would do a complete wire swap. if you have any questions, PLEASE do not hesitate to ask away!

(btw this is just my opinion try at your own risk) i would get confirmation from someone like donalds too though prior, as he has more experience than I

Back