1999 Mountaineer interchangable with explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Mountaineer interchangable with explorer?

ethan_mp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mercury mountaineer
I recently bought a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer. (AWD) I would like to know what I can interchange with parts for an explorer. I want to put a lift kit on it and supercharge among other things. Parts for the Mountaineer are pretty limited. Will a lift kit for an explorer and supercharger for an explorer work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Mercury Mountaineer and Ford Explorer are pretty much exactly the same, it's just a re-badged Explorer. I have a 1997 Mountaineer 5.0, and a 1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC that I'm using as a parts car for the Mountaineer.

Other than front façade (bumper, headlights, etc) and same in the rear, it's mechanically identical.

So I haven't found any cold air intake systems for a 99 mercury 5.0 I would be able to buy one for a 99 explorer 5.0 correct?

The Mercury Mountaineer and Ford Explorer are pretty much exactly the same, it's just a re-badged Explorer. I have a 1997 Mountaineer 5.0, and a 1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC that I'm using as a parts car for the Mountaineer.
so would u say that a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer would be Interchangeable with my 1996 Ford Explorer?

Other than front façade (bumper, headlights, etc) and same in the rear, it's mechanically identical.
so would u say that a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer would be Interchangeable with my 1996 Ford Explorer?

Depends on the part. There are some substantial differences between the 96 and 99.

Back