1999 Ranger pulls to the right when I step on the brakes. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Ranger pulls to the right when I step on the brakes.

burnsbowman507

Reaction score
City, State
Belchertown, Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 ford ranger xlt
hey, i got a 1999 4.0 V6 Ranger that pulls to the right every time i apply the brakes. I'm not quick sure what could be the cause of this. I've been told that it could be a bad tire (which i do have and is being replaced) but i find this not realistic. I'm guessing it has to do with the brakes themselves. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the Ranger section. Check your pads to see if one pad is more worn out than the other. Your alignment might be bad. This would explain the bad tire since a tire on one side will go bad while the other side will still look fine.

ya, im thinking it could be a pad issue too, the alignment is fine because it was just done after a lower ball joint replacement. also, the bad tire is in the rear so im not sure if that would still affect it or not.

try bleeding the brakes ive seen a corvette do that before and we just had to bleed the brakes to fix it

Maybe one of the brake calipers is sticking, and needs to be greased?

ill give all those ideas a shot, thanks

Back