1999 V6 SOHC p0174 p0171 "sneeze sound" and rough idle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 V6 SOHC p0174 p0171 "sneeze sound" and rough idle

Bcarp100

Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer SOHC
I have searched and trouble shot as much as I can now I need help! I have replaced the MAS, cleaned the ICV, checked for leaks, replaced the lower and upper intake manifold gaskets with no luck. After replacing the gaskets I have acquired a strange "sneeze sound" as well as a whistle only while the car is in drive. My next plan of attack is to replace the ICV. I have also replaced the fuel filter and and air filter. This car only has 57,000 miles on it I need some serious help!!! Anyone with experience or ideas on what is going on would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

IAC valve gasket?

Check the condition of the intake air control valve gasket. It's a very thin gasket shaped like a figure 8. It is easily damaged when removing the IAC valve for cleaning.

This thread may give you some ideas: Lean condition procedure

Ok will do what about the green one underneath it what is that called so I can get it ordered?

Just wanted to update that I replaced the gaskets for the IAC valve and I am no longer having any problems. It is running great!

Back