1st/2nd Gen M5OD Cylinder Block Rear Plate Separator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st/2nd Gen M5OD Cylinder Block Rear Plate Separator

robotzombies

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Ford Bronco II
Hey everyone.

I'm doing a transmission swap in a 1989 Bronco II with an FM146. I'm planning on swapping an M5OD-R1 into it, including an Explorer flywheel, clutch, and starter. I have every part I need except the plate between the transmission and engine. The local junkyards to have Rangers and Explorers, but it's usually hard to find a manual Explorer, and Rangers are hit or miss with which engines/transmission they have in them.

I have already checked out the Ranger Station forums, but no luck so far on anyone having one.

Anyone have one of these laying around that I could buy? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both 1st and 2nd gen will work, as long as it's from a manual truck. I live in the Seattle area, but I'd be more than happy to pay for shipping (and provide all my appreciation) if someone has one and wants to ship it to me.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks everyone.

When I swapped a M5OD in my 4.0 van, I used a spacer plate from a 05-10 Mustang 4.0 with a manual trans, they are easier to find.

Back