1st Annual Sport Trac National Meet in Louisville - Photos | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st Annual Sport Trac National Meet in Louisville - Photos

John_Rock

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sexy Sport Trac 4x4
Last weekend was the 1st Annual Sport Trac National Meet held in Louisville, KY. This event was put on by Rich Stern of the www.mysporttrac.com website.

Louisville is the home of the Ford Louisville Assembly Plant(LAP) where Ford makes the Explorer, Mountaineer, Explorer Sport, and of course the Explorer Sport Trac.
On Friday, June 21st, we were treated to tours of LAP. Ford even arranged for the Pioneer car audio demostration semi-truck to show up. Ford collaborated with Pioneer to make a Pioneer Edition Sport Trac for the 2002 model year. It has an upgraded 495watt stereo with 9 speakers. That includes an 8" subwoofer under the rear seat.

The plant tour was cool. I had never imagined that they mixed all the models and accessory levels in one huge assembly line. The only bad part that I found out about later, was that the workers on the line had no idea who we were when we were on the tour. We had two big groups tour the plant on that day and most of the workers didn't know that we were proud owners of what they were putting together.

Later that evening we had a catered dinner put on by Ford and UAW and they raffled off prizes donate by Ford, UAW, and Pioneer.

The (dead links) meet was held on Saturday, June 22nd at Taylorsville State Park. We had a convoy of about 70 Sport Tracs from Louisville to the park. That was an impressive sight. Again, Ford had representatives from Dearborn and Pioneer at our meet.
The day was spent checking out each others rides, magic show and animal balloons for the kids, barbeque lunch, a wild animal show, a chopstick and M&M game for prizes, and a raffle.

Some of the people that showed up before that Friday went to Six Flags on Thursday. Some people went to the Louisville Slugger plant.

I had my first breakdown by my truck since I bought her two years ago. My serpentine belt broke West of Nashville on Thursday on my way to Louisville. Luckily I was able to get towed to a dealership by 4:30pm and they replaced my belt tensioner and belt by 5:30pm and I was back on the road and made it to Louisville that night.

Here are some links to pictures that I and others took while there:

My Pictures - (dead links)

LaRue's Pictures - (dead links)

Chris Well's Pictures - (dead links)
Michelle's Pictures - (dead links)
Jim Thompson's Pictures - (dead links)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was a boat load of Sport Tracs! Was your's the only one lifted? What did the Ford boys think if it?

That is a whole lot of sport tracs!!! I noticed that not many of them were modded, or did you just not get that many pictures of them. Anyway, that whole plant tour, picnic thing is pretty neat. I wish I could go visit the Ford plant(hospital) where my baby was born.

Mike - Actually there was one other lifted ST at the meet. Mike from Iowa had just gotten a Superlift lift and 32" tires installed before the meet. His ST is the 1st white ST in this picture:
Picture courtesy of LaRue Medlin
(dead links)

Texplorer - Actually many of them are modded, but most of the mods have to deal with performance. Some of them have done the Torsion Twists and Warrior shackles. Some have lowered their ST's and installed upgraded anti-sway bars.

Just call my ST junior. It isn't as lifted as John's, nor do I have as big of meats, but it ain't bad. Got the initial squeaks worked out of the lift now, and the replacement spare finally came in, so maybe I can join a trail run here one of these days...

Those are some amazing pictures..... I wish they would do something like that for our New Sports :( Its great to see soo many sport tracs in one place.

Area51 - There's possibly a Colorad event being scheduled for Labor Day weekend. Check out this thread: Colorado Colors Run
Also from this board, 88vert, is in Clinton, IA. You might be able to meet up with him to go 4wheeling.

RoadEnforcer - You just need to organize the Sport owners. Easier said than done. :confused:

Yeah, I saw the thread for the Colorado colors run...my problem is Labor Day weekend is the first weekend that students are back on campus for classes...it isn't the "best" weekend to take a trip for me...but maybe depending on how things shape up at work as August goes on. If I can, it will be more last minute.

Thanks for the heads of on the guy in Clinton.

Mike

Yeah I am just wondering who set all of this up? How long did it take to set up also? Did people come from states all over the country or just around the louisville area?

Rich Stern, the webmaster of (dead links) did a herculean effort coordinating the Louisiville meet, and I am pretty sure Ron Brezina had a major part in getting the meet together as well.

We didn't have people from all 50 states, but many did travel considerable distances. We had one person from California, and even Canada was represented. Well before the meet Rich had posted by state registrations, and people were signed up from: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, ON, PA, TN, TX, VA. I think Ford was very suprised by the turnout, and hopefully this will turn out to be a yearly event.

I had a short drive from Iowa, and made it a mini vacation. I spent a few days after the meet touring Kentucky, seeing the scenery, visiting the bourbon distilleries...before heading home.

Back