1st Car accident today! :Fire: | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

1st Car accident today! :Fire:

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
1st Car accident today!

Ok before I start I wanna say two things. I HATE people who bike on the road and I think they should die. Second I HATE SOCCER MOMS in minivans!

Alright so im driving down the road I use about 4 times a day. My daily drive. Well anyway I am going about 30 mph down a hill and i see a little soccer mom infront of me so I slow down some. I am about two car lengths behind her and then....... She completley slamns on her breaks, Sooo im like OOOOO SHlt and i nail my breaks and your start to hear the screaching of my tires.... i poped her in the back.... not really a high speed collision but.... I love my car so I started flipping out like the first 10 words out of my mouth started with f. I hoped out still yelling and i saw the woman, I asked if she was alright and she said she was fine. we both and turned to look at our cars and we both laughed at the same time and said "well made cars!" At this point I would like to suggest tow hooks to everysingle Explorer owner out there because they saved the front of my car. We checked both our cars and we were like wow.. nothing at all.... But then she was like opps two dents are in my bumpers... And I look back and my two tow hooks have the paint from her car on them. At this point I looked at her and asked why she stopped and she said "the god damn biker just stopped out of no where... He said he thought he dropped his keys so he stopped in the middle of the road with two cars behind him...... Well I got all their information and went on. My tow hooks are bent down alittle bit and the only other damage is to my hood and grill where there is some white stuff and scuffs. I am getting a new Shaker hood this summer so the dent in the hood doesnt really worry me but... get this, guess where I was on my way to? A BODY SHOP!!!! irony at its best, I told the guy the story and he felt bad since I was on the way to his shop. He said he would take car of it for 50 bucks when I come to get my system installed by him on thrusday Sooo.... Its all good in the end, I hope nothing else is wrong with that ladies car so my insurance doesnt blast up. She didnt seam to car at all she just said she would puddy up the two places where the hooks hit..... Anyway my first accident. Its amazing it would happen because the two things I hate the most on the road; mountain bikers and soccer moms....... I will try to get a picture of the front of my car.. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
man, sorry to hear that... BUT dont hate on all the mountain bikers or soccer moms....... some of them are a lot better at driving or biking than most [uneducated types] would think....

Soundguy01tx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Katy, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
crazy... but im glad it wasnt anything worse than that. You coulda lucked out and backed into a car like I did. Stupid moron parked a black camry in a fire lane behind me at blockbuster. I never saw him! All I know its my Chevy bumper had this little dimple... hardly noticable, and his car had to have the door bent out, front fender replaced, and all kindsa crap... stupid moron!
But yeah, glad it wasnt anything worse...
--bryan

red96camaro

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 4.0 (SOLD)
Go shooting down all bikers!!! lol, j/k naw be happy it wasn't worse, glad to hear u and the X are alright.

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
The Biker was a 70 year old from New York and shouldnt have been on the road. I saw his liscens and his 71st birthday was in like a week... He could have been spending it in a hospital if the minivan didnt have her foot on the brake.

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Oh you know what pisses me off the most about it? If we need to go through insurance ITS GONNA BE ALL MY FAULT! because a damn biker slamned on his brakes in the middle of the road and a minivan slammed on her brakes... just angers me :FIRE: even though I was going 30 in a 45 and 2 car lengths behind someone I still couldnt do anything.... I think my brakes suck..... But my tow hooks RULE!!!! Oh yeah they are showing on UPN 57 a stolen Ford Explorer in a high speed chase they name the car but they didnt for any of the other cars in the show....... Why?

ok89

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
College Station, TX (school) / Houston, TX (Home)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Wrangler X
Dont hate everyone else just because you got in an accident. Take it like a man. Sure the guy shouldn't have stopped his bike in the middle of the road but he did. The lady stopped in time. And you were following too close to be able to react and safely stop. It was your fault you hit her and no one elses. Of all the things I've hit I don't blame anything or anyone else for any of the accidents. I also dont hate any of the people/things ive hit.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
Originally posted by ok89
Dont hate everyone else just because you got in an accident. Take it like a man. It was your fault you hit her and no one elses. Of all the things I've hit I don't blame anything or anyone else for any of the accidents.

Exactly... of all the accidents i have been in 09% of them were my fualt,as this accident was definately your fault..... and i am paying for my stupidity now.....

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Sorry man But you DONT stop you bike in the middle of the road with two cars behind you and no the minivan actually tapped his back tire when she was stopping. Why you would post this is my guess just to start trouble because you didnt like me joking about the south and rednecks in another thread. HERE LETS TRY TO SHOW HOW YOU SOUND Oh yeah a 18 wheeler on the highway slamned on his breaks but you were a safe car lengeth behind him but you still hit him and your X is totalled... Damn your fault man, take it like a man, oh Your in the hospital? damn your fault.... If you have a problem with me just joking on another thread man, damn dude PM me or something dont be a dlck for no reason.

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
They say one car legenth for every 10 miles correct? so I guess I was going about 25 because I was slowing down because we were going down a hill and I noticed she was going slow and i was at least 2 cars behind her.... Still my fault? Shouldnt be that is just a joke.

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
damn sorry james put an "s" on the length

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Sorry if im getting pissed off about any of this I am just not in a good mood today... stuff been happening and this car thing aint helping me.... :(

TarHeel085

And den
Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4wd
i hate bikers as well, one day someone is gonna get killed tryin to go around those *****. i swear everywhere i go i have to watch out for a bike. and people on mopeds are the WORST cause here you dont have to be 16 or have a liscense to have a moped or have a liscense plate!

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
One thing you all have to remember is BICYCLES HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS ON THE ROAD AS CARS DO!!! (except on limited access highways) That also means that they have to obey the same laws as cars. Those of us who do bike on the road would appreciate it if you remembered that. Are there idiot bikers out there that do stupid things like cut across traffic, run red lights and stop in the middle of the road??? You bet. Are there idiot drivers out there that don't give bikers enough room, pass us on blind corners, shove us off the roads, throw things at us and generally act ignorant as hell because they are in too much of a hurry and can't spare 10 seconds to pass safely?? Yep. Has happened to me more times than I can count. It works BOTH ways!!! Don't lump all bikers into one category and we won't dump all drivers into one category.

Those of you who say you hate bikers wake up and look at it from our point of view. :fire:!!

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Hey Jeff bring your bike up to Valley Forge and I will do a drive by with twigs to see how long you can stay on :D . If you stop in the middle of the road im putting the 4x4 HIGH on and running you over :)

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Not Even Funny! How would you like to be hit, bumped or brushed by a 4000lb missle??? The human body does not react well to it.

I have been knocked off the road by cars, had full soda cans tossed at me (imagine the damage a full can of soda will do at 50 mph), and had sticks swung at me BECAUSE SOME A**H**E THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!! Some of that stuff has happened to me in Valley Forge when I was younger and lived down there.

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Your joking with me right? Please don't tell me everyone takes offense to the littlest jokes on this board.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Originally posted by RoadEnforcer
Your joking with me right? Please don't tell me everyone takes offense to the littlest jokes on this board.

I usually take jokes quite well, but not on this subject. You will find a bunch of my posts peppered with sarcasm and jokes.

See my edit above. It's a matter of life and death, and there are too many idiots out there that think your joke is actually a good idea. I've been road biking for well over 25 years, and I have had my share of idiots think it was funny. (No, I'm not calling you and idiot, I'm calling those who actually do it an idiot. I just think the joke was in bad taste)

...End of Rant...

RedBeard

Reaction score
City, State
North Georgia, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
On the flipside, I've witnessed bikers getting slammed by cars because they are not following the rules of the road. I've seen a "soccer mom" get creamed at the famed "seven corners" in a Buffalo suburb. It was her fault, and she died later that day... To her family, fault was the last thing they cared about.

I'm glad you're ok, I'm glad the others are ok, too. I smashed my rice-burning honda accord into a tree back in March... ALL MY FAULT. Yet I still kicked the shi* out of the car itself as if the car did it to me.

Life is a beach, and then you get sand in your ass. Brush it off.

-RB

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

noxen

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
i get SO irritated when a biker is almost in the middle of a road and THERES A FREAKIN SIDEWALK..i bike but i mountain bike outta the way of everything..they should just stick to PARKS!!