1st Gen 4wd to 95-97 Ranger Brake Swap Info/Parts List | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st Gen 4wd to 95-97 Ranger Brake Swap Info/Parts List

is the abs cog thingie that big spiked ring on the inside of the rotor? becuase if it is then im covered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before:

img20111029142454.jpg

My solution to the stuck lower ball-joint pin issue, I used a saws-all and cut through the joint between the axle housing and the knuckle, which allowed me to remove the knuckle and get a clear and direct line of impact with my sledge hammer.

img20111030101015.jpg

Finally installed!

img20111111161426.jpg

img20111111161450.jpg

Alright Aardvark, now it's your turn to post up some pics!

planning on gettin everything bolted up over the next week

hey nassau, what did you use for brake lines? looks like you have some sort of hybrid duff setup with modded radius arms, giving you some extra lift. ive got the duff stage two on there, looking for a good brake line.. heard you can use the 05 f 250 2wd lines for more length. your thoughts?

I'm rocking skyjacker extended brake lines, and they fit okay. Though with the new Duff coil buckets and dual shock arms, I'm thinking of running hard line extensions over and behind the buckets so that the braided lines will have more room to move, and to get them away from the coils. As it stands, they get in the way when I pop the coils out. If I had more than 6" of lift on the front, the skyjacker brake lines wouldn't be long enough, but as it stands, they don't get tight when I'm at full extension.

I am heading to the junk yard tomorrow to try and get the knuckle and whole assembly as one piece and hopefully good enough parts that i can reuse them until i get more funds to finish i.e. new ball joints and new rotors/pads. pads i will probably replace anyway and i will replace wheel bearings as well but anyway ill let yall know if i get everything i need.

I don't know... take pics and post em? Make sure that the castings match distances between ball joints and all that good stuff.

Well i cant say that i put them on but i did look at them and i would be willing to vouch that the parts from a 95-97 mazda b3000 and b4000 4x4 work too.. the parts that i got were from a 3000 and they are identical to the ranger just fyi. I was able to get both knuckles, calipers, spindles and still attached abs sensors for $50. YA it was a steal from a local pick and pull. anyway i am posting progress and pictures on my registry and can here as well if people would like. here is a couple pics comparing parts.

DSCF9071.jpg

DSCF9070.jpg

oh and i also got two warn manual hubs with nut kit for 20 bucks or 10 bucks each. Just for spares but damn lucky..

Glad that these parts fit too! And ya know... if you run across more spares for 10$, I would be thrilled to buy em from ya!

I can never resist getting them so next time I'm there I will definitely be watching and ill let ya know! I'm actually thinking about hooking suicide77 aka Anthony up with the set I have as soon as I have at least one more spare

This will be a mod I plan to do in the near future. Seems relatively simple and straight forward. Thanks for posting this up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back