1st gen aftermarket rim(s) question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st gen aftermarket rim(s) question.

chevyh8r

Reaction score
City, State
lees summit, MISSOURI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 EB
I have notice, that on my rig, the hub sticks out on the front right and left tires.( DUH :rolleyes: ) I have been looking, and have been wanting to buy aftermarket rims for my rig. I was thinking about 20's or 22's, im not real big on huge tires and lifted rigs myself, but I do like how they look. But back to my question, how would I " hide " the hub when putting on the aftermarket rim? Because I really dont like how there's alot of chrome, and then this ugly hub sticking out. Also another question, would 22's fit on a first gen X, without rubbing alot ? I searched as much as I could( on the hub question), but did not find much, so any help would be greatful.

Thanks,

-Josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know if they would fit. You also have a limted choice in rims. Because the center of the rim needs to have a hole for the hub. Really can't hide it. You can get a rim where it sits flush with the hub. Then maybe chrome your hub or paint it to match. IMHO rims that big look bad on a 1st gen.

You could always loose the 4x4. it will improve MPG a bit too.

Back