• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

1st gen clip on 2nd gen...

Ranger_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Chilliwack, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer XL 5spd
Has anybody put a 1st gen front clip on a 2nd gen?? I love everything about the 2nd gens... except the front end design. lol. Has anybody done this and does anyone have pictures if so? cheers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Ranger_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Chilliwack, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer XL 5spd
or would putting a 1st gen body on a 2nd gen chassis be more ideal?

Ranger_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Chilliwack, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer XL 5spd
or would putting a 1st gen body on a 2nd gen chassis be more ideal?

shite son.. i thought the TTB set-up went to 97 like the rangers. i wanted to get an original 5.0L Explorer and 1st gen front clip it. but i prefer the TTB suspension.

I'm just gonna do a 5.0L swap on a first gen and disc brake swap the rear.

Cheers.

:ca:

97cherbal

Reaction score
City, State
Puyallup,Wa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
correction only if im wrong but I believe that the 95+ explorer has the ifs with torsion bars. Even though the Ranger had the ttb to 97 the explorer went to 94

Gadget X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gibsonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 5-speed
correction only if im wrong but I believe that the 95+ explorer has the ifs with torsion bars. Even though the Ranger had the ttb to 97 the explorer went to 94

You are correct!