1st Gen explorer exterior door handle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st Gen explorer exterior door handle

MythX

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Explorer EB
Anyone know how to replace the clip that connected the external door handle shaft with the internal parts. Not just how to replace it, but where to find it? I've opened it up and tried to reconnect it, but it seems to be broken (not that I can see it well), but I couldn't simply reconnect it. It's a '94 Explorer Sport.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The clips are available at autozone or on a website called clips and fasteners dot com I believe

The clips are available at autozone or on a website called clips and fasteners dot com I believe

Thanks for the tip. I never thought Autozone would have it. I spent quite a bit of time searching for it on clipsandfasteners.com, but not sure what it's called. I found this, is this the part that connects the internal parts with the rod on the external handle?

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=A17122&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

Is there an exploded view the door innards I can look at?

Thanks

If you go to Autozone, Pep Boys or any other auto parts store, the clips will be found where they stock all the HELP products

Thanks, I just placed the order. Having that pack of 10 will insure I won't have to replace it again.

Thanks for the help.

I replaced the clips a while ago, they hold up well

Thanks, I just placed the order. Having that pack of 10 will insure I won't have to replace it again.

Thanks for the help.
At least we know where to go to if we ever need one :D

Back