Wanted - 1st Gen Explorer - RUST FREE within 500 miles of Chicago IL | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted 1st Gen Explorer - RUST FREE within 500 miles of Chicago IL

Parts or services wanted

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your saying you got over 25 MPG out of a 1st gen? You have a rare car indeed.
squeezing 20 out of my 2g sohc stock hard enough!! let alone out of a flying breadloaf? only aldive can get that mileage :p

im not trying to say this explorer is a collector's item or a show peace im saying i have a like brand new suv that needs nothing for sale that is better priced than what is for sale on the market today. even though it is old school it is like driving a new vehicle without all the bells and whistles and electrical problems
i think what were getting at is yes your X looks great. but you can get a newer similiar mileage behicle for the same 20k. heck i could get a new maverick at msrp forna few grand more. to most consumers they dont care about bells and whisles etc just something to get from a-b, so as long as it runs and drives reliably it doesnt matter. and the average person wouldnt pay 20k for an X if its 20k its gonna be a late 5g or early 5g fully loaded, and at 90k it aint new either. yes it doesnt need anything but its 28 year old rubber, which aint as good as 0 year old rubber or 5 year okd rubber. TLDR: most consumers would pick something newer for the same price

squeezing 20 out of my 2g sohc stock hard enough!! let alone out of a flying breadloaf? only aldive can get that mileage :p
I've acheived 28 a couple times. I only pressed the brakes like twice though.

Tank, maybe try selling it directly to a prop house. Would think any production depicting early 90's would basically require this car. Yours is very "HD" screen friendly.

Tank, maybe try selling it directly to a prop house. Would think any production depicting early 90's would basically require this car. Yours is very "HD" screen friendly.
oh wow! well here in LA hard to get a consistent 55 😂😂😂

what's a prop house

i think what were getting at is yes your X looks great. but you can get a newer similiar mileage behicle for the same 20k. heck i could get a new maverick at msrp forna few grand more. to most consumers they dont care about bells and whisles etc just something to get from a-b, so as long as it runs and drives reliably it doesnt matter. and the average person wouldnt pay 20k for an X if its 20k its gonna be a late 5g or early 5g fully loaded, and at 90k it aint new either. yes it doesnt need anything but its 28 year old rubber, which aint as good as 0 year old rubber or 5 year okd rubber. TLDR: most consumers would pick something newer for the same price
everybody keeps saying i want 20k i said that is a starting point lets here some offers

well i live in ny not cali where movies are made
Production isn't exlusive to California, especially not for TV for a looong time. Just watch some credits on Netflix, get the names of "thanks to "insert production prop house name here". I've done it. Sold furniture that way.

everybody keeps saying i want 20k i said that is a starting point lets here some offers
94k miles is not a lot i had a 94 2dr sport that i just junked because my son broke the body free from the frame it had 320,000 on it

its not that, its just that many buyers would think its 20k obo, so dont be surprised if you get offers much lower like half of that. all im sayin.

its not that, its just that many buyers would think its 20k obo, so dont be surprised if you get offers much lower like half of that. all im sayin.
well i haven't received any offers at all, i would even trade for a nice side by side to work on my land

well i haven't received any offers at all, i would even trade for a nice side by side to work on my land
if some came to me with 10 to 14 k i would probably rip there arm off getting the money

Post it on Bring a Trailer. I've seen some cars go for stupid high prices. $67,000 for stock 7.3 excursion with 100k miles on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back