Wanted - 1st Gen Explorer - RUST FREE within 500 miles of Chicago IL | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted 1st Gen Explorer - RUST FREE within 500 miles of Chicago IL

Parts or services wanted
Like i said im open to offers, if you see this in person with everything it came with must of it untouched you will see why im asking 15k to start as for rubbers hoses seals going bad this will not happen any time soon. i will entertain all offers within reason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@Fix4Dirt Yeah, I'm a collector alright, of $500- to $1000- vehicles, LOL!

Like i said im open to offers, if you see this in person with everything it came with must of it untouched you will see why im asking 15k to start as for rubbers hoses seals going bad this will not happen any time soon. i will entertain all offers within reason
my number is on the listing feel free to call thanks Bob

$10,000 tops. Give it another 5-10 years then it will be $15-20k if it stays in the same condition. I'm seeing 1st and 2nd gens with under 30,000 miles going for $9,000 on craigslist. They move fast.

$10,000 tops. Give it another 5-10 years then it will be $15-20k if it stays in the same condition. I'm seeing 1st and 2nd gens with under 30,000 miles going for $9,000 on craigslist. They move fast.
i have seen them on there too but the undersides are nasty interior dirty engine bay not taken care of over flow container nasty

i have seen them on there too but the undersides are nasty interior dirty engine bay not taken care of over flow container nasty
That's important to a collector, the average person buying a 30 year old car expects it to not be new. Put it on Bring a Trailer, someone would give you the asking price there.

That's important to a collector, the average person buying a 30 year old car expects it to not be new. Put it on Bring a Trailer, someone would give you the asking price there.
there is a dealer on ebay asking over 14k for his explorer not even close to mine

there is a dealer on ebay asking over 14k for his explorer not even close to mine
well imo thats overpriced, no one would pay that much for one. sorry but some tough love may be in order as far as that is concerned. the 14k is an insanely high asking price those pop up every now and then but they never get that money from it. but, just my opinion YMMV

well imo thats overpriced, no one would pay that much for one. sorry but some tough love may be in order as far as that is concerned. the 14k is an insanely high asking price those pop up every now and then but they never get that money from it. but, just my opinion YMMV
i understand

i understand
i bought a new 2009 yz250f motocross bike at the dealer for 4,500 now a new 2022 yz250f is 10,000 with all the fees, like i said everything has its prices

anybody see the price of a dodge ram 2500 with tons of miles and rust is going for 19,000 and up

anybody see the price of a dodge ram 2500 with tons of miles and rust is going for 19,000 and up
my friend has a 2011 f-350 needs a short box for it he finding them used starting at 3,000 crazy

I think with these Explorers that just because its clean and has low mileage, doesn't make it rare or valuable. It's a Ford SUV after all. They produced over a million of them in 4.5 years. You Explorer is very clean, but it's still one of a million produced.

My favorite of all the Explorers is the 1st Gens, but I just don't see them going for any type of big money. Did any of the higher priced Explorers ever sell? If so, for how much? Just because someone is asking a high price, doesn't mean it's going to sell for that. I have a clean, rust-free 1st Gen, with about $30,000 worth of upgrades not counting labor and I don't think I could get more than $10,000 for it even if I sold it to a serious off-road person.

The reason you can still pick up a running and driving Model A for under $10,000 is because they made almost five million of them and they are 100 years old.

Your post about selling a 1969 Firebird for a bunch of cash is apples and oranges.

I think with these Explorers that just because its clean and has low mileage, doesn't make it rare or valuable. It's a Ford SUV after all. They produced over a million of them in 4.5 years. You Explorer is very clean, but it's still one of a million produced.

My favorite of all the Explorers is the 1st Gens, but I just don't see them going for any type of big money. Did any of the higher priced Explorers ever sell? If so, for how much? Just because someone is asking a high price, doesn't mean it's going to sell for that. I have a clean, rust-free 1st Gen, with about $30,000 worth of upgrades not counting labor and I don't think I could get more than $10,000 for it even if I sold it to a serious off-road person.

The reason you can still pick up a running and driving Model A for under $10,000 is because they made almost five million of them and they are 100 years old.

Your post about selling a 1969 Firebird for a bunch of cash is apples and oranges.
i here what your saying, but the price everybody is asking for there rusty and high miles is crazy ,i have a absolutely a rust free low mile suv and not asking for a arm and a leg compared to what people are asking for there rides

i here what your saying, but the price everybody is asking for there rusty and high miles is crazy ,i have a absolutely a rust free low mile suv and not asking for a arm and a leg compared to what people are asking for there rides
im not trying to say this explorer is a collector's item or a show peace im saying i have a like brand new suv that needs nothing for sale that is better priced than what is for sale on the market today. even though it is old school it is like driving a new vehicle without all the bells and whistles and electrical problems

im not trying to say this explorer is a collector's item or a show peace im saying i have a like brand new suv that needs nothing for sale that is better priced than what is for sale on the market today. even though it is old school it is like driving a new vehicle without all the bells and whistles and electrical problems
Yeah, bit it's at lease 28 years old. They are nothing like what's expected in a new car, especially with electronics and gadgets. Even the most bare bones new car will outmatch these old Explorers in nearly every aspect. Mileage, power, warranty, electronics, safety features, quiet power steering, etc.

I bought 1994 with 98,000 miles and a bunch of body rust for $500 a few years ago. The interior was new looking. The body panels were rust and ding free. I still have most of them in my shed. I could have found a rust free Explorer here with a blown engine or trans for a few hundred, switched out the interior, drive train. Ended up with a very clean $1,000 Explorer. Most I would expect to get for it resale would be $2500-3000.

Yeah, bit it's at lease 28 years old. They are nothing like what's expected in a new car, especially with electronics and gadgets. Even the most bare bones new car will outmatch these old Explorers in nearly every aspect. Mileage, power, warranty, electronics, safety features, quiet power steering, etc.

I bought 1994 with 98,000 miles and a bunch of body rust for $500 a few years ago. The interior was new looking. The body panels were rust and ding free. I still have most of them in my shed. I could have found a rust free Explorer here with a blown engine or trans for a few hundred, switched out the interior, drive train. Ended up with a very clean $1,000 Explorer. Most I would expect to get for it resale would be $2500-3000.
when i drove this explorer home to ny from cali i filled up when i left drove it down to a 1/4 tank before refilling i went 475 miles thats good for only having a 19 gal tank

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when i drove this explorer home to ny from cali i filled up when i left drove it down to a 1/4 tank before refilling i went 475 miles thats good for only having a 19 gal tank
not to mention it has a tow package lower rear end gearing

Back