1st Gen Reverse Indiglos installed! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st Gen Reverse Indiglos installed!

I have completed my install of the Procarparts.com "Euro Silver Reverse Indiglo Gauges". They look great! I painted the stock black needle covers the same silver color as the gauge faces, and made the needles red with a marker. Now my instrument cluster looks similar to the '02 Mountaineer gauges ('02 Ex too? I have not seen them). I originally wanted to use red 194 LED replacements instead of bulbs in the cluster, but found that they were too dim compared to the indiglo. I am using regular 194 bulbs instead, and I like the look of the red needles instead of stock clear. One thing procarparts.com does not tell you (at least I didn't notice it): The gauges come with a control switch and knob that allow you to adjust the brightness and also switch from blue to green. Personally, I like the green because it is closer to aqua and matches my neons very nicely. Also, anyone considering these gauges: Removing the needles is not required, but it does make things a lot easier when you are trying to line up the replacement faces. Of course, if you want to paint the covers or change the needle color, you will need to pull out the needles. I will post pics as soon as I buy batteries for my digital camera.

yay pics!!

Back