1st Gen Toyota front clip | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st Gen Toyota front clip

baggedexploder

Reaction score
City, State
Vis. CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has seen any pics of toyota front clip swaps (ranger or explorer). I have aquired a 87 yota front frame section with drop spindles and all new balljoints and bushing. I am wanting to start the swap soon and will have step by step photos. I-beams have been good to me, and my setup ive built even handles good, so I'm not knockin the beams cuz I love em, and they ARE NOT HARD TO BAG ON BEAMS as long as you understand suspension geometries and steering!!!! I am just tired of tire wear. If anyone is interested I will post pics of my current setup, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come on show us the pics. Some purists will cringe on the idea of cross breeding but show the pics

mustang ii or yota clipping is the best way to go as far as geometry is concered. but liek he said if you know what your doing you can lay out an ibeamer and have good bag angles and whatnot. i think most people that dont like them either hate the tire wear or just don't know how to set them up correctly. And buying the "standard" bag brackets available are the worst thing you can do for an ibeamer.

Haha I know the toyota/ford cross breeding is weird, but like slammedx said, the geometry is great on them. So you mean youd like to see my beam setup? I just bought new RE-7's and went from 4 1/2'' valves to 8 3/8'' valves. Oh and I also had to make new front bag brackets and do quite a few frame mods to make the 7'' slams clear, they are tight but the ride is unbeleivable over the RE-6....... If you want a bagged truck to ride great, squeeze the biggest bag possible in there lol.

Don't ruin your Ford with TuRD parts. :thumbdwn:

Yeah I want to see some pics. I want to see how it lays.

ford just needs to design all there trucks using the mustang ii geometry and they would be set! they suck at engineering front suspensions anymore lol to fit the air ride crowd anyways. 3/8" valves vs1/2" valves wont make crap of a differance hardly if you are still running 1/2" line. the only way not to waste money on 1/2" valves is to run 5/8" lines. I see you stepped down but just mentioning it for future readers.

check out my stock floor explorer thread, its got pics of my yoder clip on there. i love it.

Back