JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Well, I think I'll be willing to make some 1st Gen winch bumpers if anyone is interested. The are made from 1/4" plate steel, accept a 12k winch with roller fairlead, and bolt into the existing frame holes. The bumpers weigh 75 lbs ± . See http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161741 for pictures.

Selling price for the bumpers will be $300+ shipping costs. Deliveries will vary as I plan to make these to order...I'm not planning on building a bunch up front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the sale of the front bumper come with a smile? :D

i would be interested depending on shipping

I'll take one if you're still making them, and we can make it work on a Gen II. Please pm me and let me know what you think. Thanks

Thats a sweet bumper with a sweet price tag on it. But I already have one.

eh?

I've never made one for a 2nd gen, and unfortunately I don't have a 2nd gen handy to do the design work. nose shape is different and mounting is different. I could do one, but I'd need a truck to work with first...

If anyone wants to bring a truck up to my place for a day (weekend day) so we can take the factory bumper off and I can do some measuring/mockup work, then I'll be able to do one.

Yeehaw, I wasn't ignoring you...just been busy working all day, and right now in the process of swapping from dialup to a cable modem....

Do you think it would be about the same price? If so, I would bring my truck up to you, and would help with all of it. I won't be ready to do this for a little while though. Probably a month or more. Thanks

Do you think it would be about the same price? If so, I would bring my truck up to you, and would help with all of it. I won't be ready to do this for a little while though. Probably a month or more. Thanks

Should be about the same, barring any major changes. A month or more would be good. I need to pull my Mustangs out of the garage to do welding work, and they ain't goin' out in this weather!!:D

Do have dimensions or good enough sketches to build one? I am interested in building one but not interested in having it shipped to Canada. If I had some sketches I could draw it up in 3D (Solidworks or Inventor) and provide you with some nice drawings (assuming you don't have any now).

Do have dimensions or good enough sketches to build one? I am interested in building one but not interested in having it shipped to Canada. If I had some sketches I could draw it up in 3D (Solidworks or Inventor) and provide you with some nice drawings (assuming you don't have any now).

Thanks, but I've got good drawings...I run Solidworks and Autocad daily. I design mechanics/electronics for a living :) The bumper was originally designed in Autocad3D.

Thanks, but I've got good drawings...I run Solidworks and Autocad daily. I design mechanics/electronics for a living :) The bumper was originally designed in Autocad3D.

So, would you be willing to send a set of drawings?

Should be about the same, barring any major changes. A month or more would be good. I need to pull my Mustangs out of the garage to do welding work, and they ain't goin' out in this weather!!:D

sounds like a plan. I'll get some money, figure out when I can do it, and contact you again. oh ya, I take it you'd be willing to add things like a hitch or a stinger or brush/grill guard kinda thing. if not it's cool. Thanks man!

can u just make me an off road bumper that mounts to the same whole and iff so how much and just pm me with the anser pleees

This might be off topic a bit. Can you somhow fiberglass a custom front bumper for me that looks like the Saleen XP8 one? If so, can you hook me up with a killer deal. Maybe free shipping??

rollinglaugh.gif

well shipping to me here in cali is about 80$, I am really wanting to do this.....heres a question though, can you make so that it bolt right up to my frame rails? I have 2" body lift...wouldnt want a winch on there without it being directly bolted to the frame

well shipping to me here in cali is about 80$, I am really wanting to do this.....heres a question though, can you make so that it bolt right up to my frame rails? I have 2" body lift...wouldnt want a winch on there without it being directly bolted to the frame

The bumper does bolt directly to the frame rails..that's the design. A 2" body lift won't affect how it bolts up, but it would affect the looks...have to think about how altering the brackets to make the bumper tuck up against the body might cause moment arm issues when using a winch...

ok cuz yeah i just last night fabbed some new brackets to get my bumper in the right spot, I absolutely hate having my bumpers hangin down. If that were the case then i would not want to mess with it....thanks for the reply though...if you come up with a way to make it right with a body lift, post it please!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok cuz yeah i just last night fabbed some new brackets to get my bumper in the right spot, I absolutely hate having my bumpers hangin down. If that were the case then i would not want to mess with it....thanks for the reply though...if you come up with a way to make it right with a body lift, post it please!

Not sayin' I can't do it..just gotta think about it :D. My biggest concern would be twisting the frame rails if the winch is set too high. Lemme look into my cad dwgs...

Back