• Register Today It's free!

1st Gens new cost

Forder

Reaction score
City, State
West Point, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, '05 Altima 3.5
I was just wondering what the price range was for the 1st Gens (for XLT, EB, and Limited in 93' & 94') when they were new in 90-94 when they were manufactured. Was also wondering if there was anyway I cound see the commercial for them when Ford advertised them on TV when they were new. I know it's kinda a weird post, but I was just wondering since I don't remember on the count I was only 5 when they 1st came out, hehe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

24,000 rings a bell......

Was that the price just for one of your XLs?

Funny I don't remember any commercials for Explorers other than the typical talking head type ones. Back in the 80's they had some memorable ones though..

Now the Ford Taurus...I remember back about 1983 or 84 when they first introduced the Taurus... they had this silly commercial with a song, "Taurrrrrrus...for us!!" "Taurrrrus...for us" "have you driven a Ford...lately?"

Or how about the old Corvette commercial, intro'ing the new bodystyle and digital dash back in 1984...the song "you've never seen...<deh deh deh>...anything...<deh deh>...like this before!". Strange how I remember that stuff. Any of you remember those?

hah, sounds like they would be pretty funny to see now. I don't remember cuz that was before I was born, heh, but I'd like to see them still. Any1 know if theres anywhere on the net where you can dig up old commercials..?

Originally posted by Forder
hah, sounds like they would be pretty funny to see now. I don't remember cuz that was before I was born, heh, but I'd like to see them still. Any1 know if theres anywhere on the net where you can dig up old commercials..?

:rolleyes: HUH? Yer profile says you were born in 1985... meaning these commercials have been created and played after you were born... so if they were played and ya saw em, then well, ya just not remember em, or am I missing something?

I was talkin to Rhett bout the 83' Taurus and 84' Vette commercial. Not the Ex commercials. I think I vaguely remember an old Ex commercial but it could very well be another SUV that I'm thinkin about. It showed an SUV climbing a steep grade of rocks to get over a wall and to the other side into a driveway of a house I think.

1983 or 84 when they first introduced

that was before he was born...

So is there any1 on here that can remember this stuff? Or is there somewhere I can look to see if there was any commercials?

first gens cost on average i think about $18,000

Sticker Says!

I have the window sticker to my 1992 4-dr Explorer 4x4 Eddie Bauer and it states the following:

Standard Base Eddie Bauer Package: $23,553.00
------------------------------------------------------------
Preferred Equip. Package (A/C & Premium Radio Cassette): $980.00
Automatic O/D Transmission: $890.00
Trailer Towing Package: $106.00
Heater, Engine Block: $33.00
Sport Buckets with Leather Seat Surface $412.00
Total Vehicle & Options: $25,974.00
Destination & Delivery: $485.00
Total Sticker Price: $25,959.00

At some point I may be able to post a scan of the window sticker. I know some people would be interested in seeing it. Hope some people find this information useful and intriguing!

They were all bought used....but I remember that price from reference materials....

Oh man did I miss a buy 1 get 1 free sale or something.

Pricing...

I paid just under 25K for a 94 XLT 4X4 with the tow package. I paid the same price for a 95 XLT and both of the 97 XLT's. I bought a 98 F150 4X4 for 23,500 and paid the same for both of the 99 F150's. Company business back then.

These prices were all Fleet pricing and based out of Dallas Market, delivered in Oklahoma.

I don't remember exactly, but I seem to recall seeing some old paperwork saying my mom paid around $17,500 for the Ex back when it was new in '94, but that was the price after the trade-in of a '93 Accord

my sticker numbers

My 2 dr 91 Navajo LX widow sticker info:

MSRP 17,560.00
Auto trans 860.00
roof rack 125.00
premium value pack 1,125.00
transportation fees 485.00
TOTAL $20,155.00

Invoice of what we paid -17,300 vehicle
tax 865
registration 40.50

TOTAL $18,205.50

I remember seeing the original brochure for the first generation explorers on E-bay a little while ago. I guess that's kind of close to the commercial.

Hah, I guess that's about as close as anyone would be able to get to a commercial. I wouldn't figure there would be anywhere to download old commercials like that, esp. of a specific commercial like an Ex commercial. I would just like to see the "better-than-life" version, as they portray of vehicals in commercials, of the 1st gen all buttered up and everything. Or they may have actually advertised it realistically back then, I don't remember many old ford commercials at all.

Another thing I have to comment on, I hate todays commercials. Most car manufactuers totally exaggerate their vehicals proformance in commercials that it's exceedingly unrealistic and rediculous, or just plain thoughtless. I recall the Jeep Cherokee commercials earlier in the year where they had the jeep driving completely under snow to where you couldn't see it. And another simular except under water. I just think that's completely stupid cuz you know there's some retards somewhere that will actually try to cross a 10 ft deep creek cuz they saw it do it in the commercial. There's others by Ford and GM too, but I think I've typed enough.

my 94 xlt 4x4 was 25k new

now my 97 xlt AWD was 33k see a diff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back