?? 2.0 Front/1.5" Rear ebay lift, Quoted Lift vs Spacer Thickness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

?? 2.0 Front/1.5" Rear ebay lift, Quoted Lift vs Spacer Thickness

firefly1246

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 EB
I purchased some new shocks and wanted to give a little more attitude with a mild lift kit. I want to do a smaller lift because I don't want to stress the CV axles and don't want to need Control Arms. FYI: I don't want to open another project and do a body kit on it.

So, I purchased the 2.0" front and 1.5" rear lift on ebay, it states this is the amount of lift that will occur not the thickness. I got them this weekend and measured them and the front spacers are 1.29" thick and the rears are right at 1.51" thick. This doesn't seem right to me, from all the research I have gathered on this forum, both the front and rear are not 1:1 ratio of spacer thickness to amount of lift. Many state the 2.25" Front /1.75" Rear Spacers give ~3.0" Front/2.5". This gives a ~1.3 to 1.4 multiplier to the spacer thickness for the actual amount of lift.

Based on these calculations I am thinking this is going to give me the following (using 1.35 as the multiplier):

Front: 1.29" Spacer x 1.35 = 1.74" Actual Front Lift
Rear: 1.51" Spacer x 1.35 = 2.04" Actual Rear Lift

For those who have lifted there explorers does this sound correct?? I spoke to the vendor and he is standing behind his claimed amount of lift and states the rear is a 1:1 ratio on lift. He stated I can return them if I decide on don't want them. I would like everyone's expert opinion before I take the time to do this install, I just don't want the rear to be all jacked up.

Also on another note: Is a 2" front 1.5" rear of actual lift too much for the stock CVs and too much for stock control arms?

Thanks!

-Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be fine under 3" of total lift on the front suspension before you need extended upper control arms.

I think those lifts are sold as lift height not spacer height

The geometry math I'm not sure on though

Im looking at the same lift. Please post some pictures if you do decide to keep them.

I've been looking to get the eBay 2.5 front and 1.5 rear lift

Just put new upper control arms on couple months ago.

Please share some pics if you get the lift on. This forum has gotten really slow lately

So I decided I am going to install the lift. However two of my spark plugs just blew out the threads on my 4.6 and I have the 8 thread heads. So I am going to have to do the Time-sert kit first. FYI: if anyone with the v8 has a ticking noise or small exhaust leak sound, check your spark plugs. They are probably loose and need to be tightened back up before you blow out the threads.

Alright hope you get it fixed soon

Back