2 1/2 ton axles | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 1/2 ton axles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no you wont be, you said axle with without rim tire width is 79 1/2, well a fullsixe d44/60 is 66". Im at 84 which is 18 wider than the axle alone and thats with 8" rims. Throw on 10 rims and 16" tires (im on 12.5 wides) and your over 90, prolly close to 100. Have fun finding a trailer.

I will have to get a hold of the rock crawler that i know of and see how wide his is....then we will have a good estimate.... and i dont think it is that wide...i have rode with it about twice

Well this project has been put on the brakes for now.....I am in a legal battle right now so as soon as that clears up ill be ready to get started.....

Well this project has been put on the brakes for now.....I am in a legal battle right now so as soon as that clears up ill be ready to get started.....

who did you piss off?

good old red brick though the window trick?

Project to be started in July of this year.

Body and Frame of a 1st gen is already waiting on me.

Will it be ready.. for Tellico?

We will see. It should be. Depends on how axle hunting goes. I need two good steering axles

Possibly a break in run?

Oh a rear steer setup? Well thats just fancy!! You'll be the only one in the group with rear steer!
I'd start a project calendar cauz the logistics for this swap is probably going to be huge and overwhelming to keep track of.

Yup i want to be done by middle of august.....

I already got a ton of parts listed up and the supplyers from when i started looking this up when i started this thread. I like to be planned out.

Already got a motor tranny tcase but im not sure ill go that way yet

Fantastic!!

Oh and take plenty of pics at Thaven!

I have three smaller memory cards for the camera and 7mini dv tapes for the video camera sitting in my bag ready to go :)

So this is the reason you wanted a shell eh?

I thought u were building a buggy burns????:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back