• Register Today It's free!

2.11 Update

derekb_2011

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
I usually don't post, but "lurk" here quite frequently. I just wanted to say that I found the 2.11 update easy and it worked great. I am in the IT field and I am very familiar with updating software/firmware and understand bugs and software glitches. I am pretty happy with 2.11, keeping in mind that it really does need a lot of bug fixes and many more features added to really make it the useful tool that I envision when thinking about the potential it has. The UI does need a lot of help. I really hope Ford keeps the updates coming and it is really nice to not have to run the dealer to do the updates, especially when you need to explain the update and issues to a clueless dealer. Keep the updates coming Ford.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just resgistered last night, syncmyride.com told me there was update for my vehicle, though it showed that it had successfully recieived vers. 2.11 prior to me getting the vehicle. I went through with the download as per the instructions, I put the usb into my truck and it said installation 1 of 0 was updaintg and occuring and then it said installation complete about 5 seconds after starting ? . It didn't seem right to me but something happened. I wasn't really having any issues with the system but I wanted to make sure it was up to date. My biggest complaint is that sync often mis-interprets the words I'm saying, that can be quite frustrating when I tell it 20 degrees and it tells me there is no selection for 40 degrees, and I have to do it a few times to actually get 20 degrees, turns out to be faster to just push a button at that point. :(

Verify if 2.11 is installed

That's odd the site said you needed and update, but also showed you had it.
Ford posted this in another thread that will help you know for sure if you have the newest version:

You can also check in vehicle by going here:

MENU > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W VERSION

version 4.23.11134 is the 2.11

I just resgistered last night, syncmyride.com told me there was update for my vehicle, though it showed that it had successfully recieived vers. 2.11 prior to me getting the vehicle. I went through with the download as per the instructions, I put the usb into my truck and it said installation 1 of 0 was updaintg and occuring and then it said installation complete about 5 seconds after starting ? . It didn't seem right to me but something happened. I wasn't really having any issues with the system but I wanted to make sure it was up to date. My biggest complaint is that sync often mis-interprets the words I'm saying, that can be quite frustrating when I tell it 20 degrees and it tells me there is no selection for 40 degrees, and I have to do it a few times to actually get 20 degrees, turns out to be faster to just push a button at that point. :(

What I believe you downloaded was the status checker tool. It doesn't actually do an "update" it grabs the version number from the sync hardware and then reports back to the website what you're current installed version is so that the website is "in sync" (no pun intended).

very cool, I have 2.11 scheduled in early October, when I have my oil changed.

Also an IT guy....familiar with the whole firmware, bios and flare code updates.
It is odd how cars are acting more like computers nowadays.

but yea, good to hear that the 2.11 update went well.

I usually don't post, but "lurk" here quite frequently. I just wanted to say that I found the 2.11 update easy and it worked great. I am in the IT field and I am very familiar with updating software/firmware and understand bugs and software glitches. I am pretty happy with 2.11, keeping in mind that it really does need a lot of bug fixes and many more features added to really make it the useful tool that I envision when thinking about the potential it has. The UI does need a lot of help. I really hope Ford keeps the updates coming and it is really nice to not have to run the dealer to do the updates, especially when you need to explain the update and issues to a clueless dealer. Keep the updates coming Ford.

Hey, derekb!

I'm glad to see you didn't have any problems during the install! We will definitely try to keep them coming this way :)

Hi, JFUSION!

I'm with w1kedz and derekb on this one. It sounds like you downloaded Status Checker. The website will tell you if there is an available update in red lettering. Please see the picture below:

IfUpdateisAvailable.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Back