2 15's on a monoblock wiring help needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 15's on a monoblock wiring help needed

Shaun123

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT SOHC V6 4.0 RWD
i have had my music setup for about a year and a haklf infact i had 2 12s and another amp allso but they went bad anyway im wondering if i have everything wired up right i want to get the most power i can posible :D

Audiopipe TSV15 High Power Car Woofer

15" High Power Car Subwoofer
65 Oz. Strontium Magnet
2" 4-Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coil
One Piece Full Inverted PP Cone
Flat Progressive Dual Spider
Patent Pipe Multi-Connect Terminal
Maximum Power 850 Watts
Rated Power 425 Watts
Frequency Response 20Hz-1000Hz
Impedance 2 x 4 Ohms
Sensitivity 90dB/W/M

Lanzar #VIBE600D- 1000 Watt Digital Mono Block Amp
* Mono Block MOSFET Digital Power Amplifier
* 2 Ohm Stable
* MOSFET Power Supply
* PWM (Pulse-Width-Modulated) System
* Glass Epoxy PCB
* Gold plated RCA Inputs/Line outs
* Custom Terminal Block for Speaker Connections
* Thermal,Overload & Short Protection
* Variable Subsonic Filter (15Hz~40Hz,24dB/Octave)
* Phase Control 0-180 degree
* Remote Bass Control
* Input Impedance:10K Ohms
* Soft Turn-on/Turn-off
* 1x500W RMS at 4 Ohms
* 1x1000W MAX at 4 Ohms
* 1x800W at RMS 2 Ohms
* THD: 0.1%
* S/N Ratio: 90B
* Input Sensitivity: 200mv~4V
* Freq. Response: 20Hz~250Hz
* Dimensions : 10.25'' (W) x 2'' (H) x 10.2'' (L)

i connected the posative of one voice coil to the negative of the other voice coil on each sub then just wired each sub up to the amp is there a better way to do this??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the subs single or dual voice coil? You did not say & this information is critical to how you need to wire them.

Are the subs single or dual voice coil? You did not say & this information is critical to how you need to wire them.

Yep...there are a few who can help you out but need more info...

I was not taking that as dual dont want to say anything if that is not what he meant by that line...

duel voice coil

ohh and that link dont work ...

sooo you people saying i need a more powerfull amp o_O? the way i have it now it pounds really really hard everyone stops me and asks me how much watts i have and wants to see my system i have never had any other system so i dont know what to compare it too but it seems like its pounding more then what the amp even says it has... rear view mirror always falls off and now my trunk door is unalined

1_4ohm_dvc.gif

should i try and use only one sub then and wire it like that ? and see if i get better results then i could always pickup another amp for the other sub since i already had 2 amps at one point i have all the conections laying around taped up

Last edited:

one sub with 250 watts will be about the same as two subs with 500 watts

huh? dont the amp say 1x800W at RMS 2 Ohms so if i get it right if i put 1 sub at 2 ohm load like in pic above i will get around 800 power to the sub wich is around what i need? so wouldent i come out better buying the same exact amp i got for my other sub and connect it? so then ill have 800 per sub someone explain to me how to get the most power out of my subs with what i got im not going to giveup the amp i got for a new one i am willing to add on another amp tho maybe the same one cause i love the amp hasent failed me and has worked great ..... i have tryed many other amps with my systems from friends and stuff and mine works the best so far

If you max power out of that amp, your only choice is to run one sub off of it. That way, like you said, it will get 800 watts. So you could get another amp to run the other one.

Huh? I've always heard "more cone area, more air moved". Now, are you talking 500 watts each or 500 watts combined?

If you max power out of that amp, your only choice is to run one sub off of it. That way, like you said, it will get 800 watts. So you could get another amp to run the other one.

ok well ill try that first thing in the morning and ill let you all know if its sounds the same better or worse then having the 2 15s on im hoping it sounds the same not or better if its the around the same sound then ill just leave one 15 more space in my trunk till i can pickup another amp :p:

huh? dont the amp say 1x800W at RMS 2 Ohms so if i get it right if i put 1 sub at 2 ohm load like in pic above i will get around 800 power to the sub wich is around what i need? so wouldent i come out better buying the same exact amp i got for my other sub and connect it? so then ill have 800 per sub someone explain to me how to get the most power out of my subs with what i got im not going to giveup the amp i got for a new one i am willing to add on another amp tho maybe the same one cause i love the amp hasent failed me and has worked great ..... i have tryed many other amps with my systems from friends and stuff and mine works the best so far

sorry got my numbers a bix mixed up there....1 sub with 800 watts will probably be louder than 2 with 500 watts shared

Huh? I've always heard "more cone area, more air moved". Now, are you talking 500 watts each or 500 watts combined?

more cone area can be louder if you have enough power to move the added cone. and have enough space to design a good enclosure

oh douse it matter what could i take the posative and wich one i take the negative from? or are they all the same and one dont come before the other

If you have a dual 4 ohm sub, match the +'s and then the -'s. Wire it in parallel.

If you have a dual 4 ohm sub, match the +'s and then the -'s. Wire it in parallel.

tryed that sub overheated i just put everything back how i had it well sorta i let my friend put one of the subs back in the box he was too laxy to screw it in by hand so he took a drill to screw it and the drill sliped and he drilled a hole on in the subs cone :\ it still works fine but damn it has a hole the size of the screws wit a lil rip to it :\:(

Back