• Register Today It's free!

2.3 ecoboost performance parts

herrick2014

Reaction score
City, State
Shreveport, la
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 xlt
Hello is there any performance parts for my 2.3 xlt. Any mustang or focus parts fit my car. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as far as I know. None at this point. Hopefully soon that is.

Hello is there any performance parts for my 2.3 xlt. Any mustang or focus parts fit my car. Thanks
Why not get in touch with Livernois Motor Sports to see if they have any info on that?

Peter

we need more of us the 2.3 Exp to contact them then more chances that they will go ahead to develop a tune.

I contacted them and they weren't too interested. Said they're backed up as it is with 3.5's.

I contacted them and they weren't too interested. Said they're backed up as it is with 3.5's.
Probably not much of a demand for it.

Any one have any recent updates? All i can find are plug and play modules and K&N intake. A few exhaust option but cant find anyone who's installed them or sounds....

Any one have any recent updates? All i can find are plug and play modules and K&N intake. A few exhaust option but cant find anyone who's installed them or sounds....
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I am also wondering why no tunes. Same engine as mustang and nothing can be carried over with some adjustments for the explorer?

I'm right there with you guys. It's warming up out and I want some performance parts for my 2.3. this is a powerful little motor that can easily see another 20 to 30 .ore hp and torque with a tune.

I'm right there with you guys. It's warming up out and I want some performance parts for my 2.3. this is a powerful little motor that can easily see another 20 to 30 .ore hp and torque with a tune.

It really does have some nice pep to it. Especially with around the town driving. When that turbo kicks in, you can really feel it. And all while giving solid mpgs for an SUV of this size.

I just don't have any confidence at this point. This engine has been around for several years now and nothing.

I did find a couple companies in Europe that have a tune for it. Just not sure how comfortable I would be running it.

Bump, any updates?

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter
Thank you sir, have always really liked my mothers 2014 limited, the freshened up front end and 2.3 is finally what got me in one, so far very impressed with the power

Thank you sir, have always really liked my mothers 2014 limited, the freshened up front end and 2.3 is finally what got me in one, so far very impressed with the power

I agree, the 2.3 is a pretty good little engine. Around town it's great. Passing on highway and really in general is it's weak point. But from a stop it's pretty good. It's a shame no one wants to improve upon it.

I've got a local guy who's been tuning the 3.5L EB explorer's since they came out, owns 2-2013 models I believe. Hes also been in the diesel tuning game for a long time, its Jody Tipton from Dp-Tuner, he said he would be more than happy to tune mine. Hes tuned 3 of our 7.3l trucks, and I've always been more than happy with his work. Is there any reason we should worry about voiding the warranty with tunes on these? Does it leave a footprint of any kind if returned to stock before any service. Of no need to worry, I might call him up again (just talked to him last week about this) and have him play with mine and live tune it.

........ Is there any reason we should worry about voiding the warranty with tunes on these? Does it leave a footprint of any kind if returned to stock before any service. ...........
Answer to the first question is YES. For the second question, I believe it does leave some trace info behind if they actually look for it. This was discussed some time ago and I can't recall the exact reply.
The Warranty Guide that came with the vehicle goes over the things that will affect your warranty.

Peter

Has anybody asked Shawn at SSI tuning to see if he is willing to do the 2.3? I have a 3.5 NA and have been more than happy with my tune. Had it over 6k miles and it's awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has any of you noticed any better mpg with a drop in filter? Maybe a little more passing umph on the interstate? Or not worth messing with either?

Back