• Register Today It's free!

2-3" spindle lift

diego

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt v8 explorer
I am looking for a cheap set of spindles for my 97 expo i searched ebay and could only find them for 3rd gens. Fab tech makes some but i dont feel like paying 1500. If anyone has a set or know of a site please let me know. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am looking for a cheap set of spindles for my 97 expo i searched ebay and could only find them for 3rd gens. Fab tech makes some but i dont feel like paying 1500. If anyone has a set or know of a site please let me know. Thanks

not to bring you down or anything, but i've never heard of a "spindle lift" for a second generation. good luck though, hope you find em if they make em.

yeah i found one made by fabtech but it is ridiculously expensive. i heard you can use lift spindles off the ranger edge but you need different rotors....? not sure though would hate to buy them and not fit.

you can get one from the ranger edge's . its a direct bolt on, no changes needed to anything. Its what im running on mine. ive seen a few pairs recently for sale on race-dexert.com, or dezertrangers.com. but 1500 is crazy, ive seen them new for 400$.

what did you pay for the and how big are they??

sweet thanks, so its just lift spindles and they bolt straight on no mods at all????

wait a second.. never heard of this before is it for 2wd?

thanks for the advice! I will definitely be lift my x now, i have 2wd i dont think there will be any prob with that what did you use for the rear, warrior shackles?

thanks for the advice! I will definitely be lift my x now, i have 2wd i dont think there will be any prob with that what did you use for the rear, warrior shackles?

shackles and an AAL. but if i were you id get the superlift leaf springs, or even some Deavers if you have the cash.

yeah might do that. i wanna give it a prerunner look so i dont want to go to high in the rear

yeah might do that. i wanna give it a prerunner look so i dont want to go to high in the rear

if your using it at all in the dirt then do more than just a for looks lift. i did the shackles and AAL and my springs are so sagged now, and they are bending the opposite way......not good at all. but i beat on mine pretty hard.

Yeah its for the dezert so what would you suggest? I am getting new shocks tomorrow and they are the high pressure gas ones.

well, for the desert some deavers and a well valved 2.5" shock would work very well. the problem with setting up for the desert is its very very expensive. my build is planning around 8k or so for everything,

I hear you on that one and parts for explorers are ridiculously expensive. But i love mobbing through the desert, so it will be money well spent!!!

I know this is an old thread, and I've been researching for the past 2 hours. I just want to get some clarifications down.

-Since I have a 98 explorer, I'd only be able to get 98 Ranger Edge spindles correct? And it absolutely has to be the edge model?

-I'm guessing no one makes a lift spindle for my year anymore. New that is anyway. So it would have to be bought used, yes?

Back