Reaction score
City, State
Columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
had 20 &16 Ltd
Callsign
Bender953
I have a Limited with the 2.3 and notice when using sport mode you can accelerate fine but then while the truck slows down it acts like it is stuck in that gear. Does eventually downshift but hangs on for awhile. Anyone else noticing this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a Limited with the 2.3 and notice when using sport mode you can accelerate fine but then while the truck slows down it acts like it is stuck in that gear. Does eventually downshift but hangs on for awhile. Anyone else noticing this?
It might hold the gears longer as you slow down as it does when you're speeding up.
Screenshot_20200220-124455.png

That's the whole point of sport mode..keep the rpms up so you are always able to punch it and accelerate hard (keeps you in the powerband)

Yep, mine functions holds gears as well. Unfortunately I occasionally get an uncomfortably hard downshift in Sport mode.

I would think that "Sport" mode should hold lower gears on upshift to allow higher revs, but downshift quickly for the same reason. Holding a higher gear does not increase "sportiness" and seems to be functioning incorrectly.

Agree with OP. I find myself changing the gear manually sometimes using the paddles because the auto holds on too long.

Back