• Register Today It's free!

2.5 inch lift

explorerwhite93

Reaction score
City, State
King, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
do i need any drop brackets for a 2.5 inch lift? everywhere i take it to get it aligned tells me i need the pivot brackets but the brackets i have are for a 4 inch lift i think and with those on they still cant align it.....

you should not need the drop brackets fro a 2.5" lift.... are you sure the shops you are going to know what they are doing? inless soemthing on your truck is very bent, and they have tried the adjsuters to actually see if the problem can be fixed i would say they dont know what they are talking about

EXPLORERWHITE93: Where are you taking your Explorer to be aligned? Is it a normal garage or is it a shop that deals mainly w/ 4wd vehicles? If it is a normal garage, you might want a second opinion from a shop that deals with lifted 4wd vehicles on a normal basis. Just a thought and good luck.

You may need brackets.

If the shop is doing a manual wheel alingment there are some brackets to be installed. My 96 X has 2" TT and shackles and the brackets were added before I bought the X. The shop in Weatherford, TX I use charges $65 for a manual alignment. That was 1.5 years ago and no need for another alignment. I think that if a machine is doing the alignment no brackets are needed.

Back