• Register Today It's free!

2.5 or 3"front with 2" rear...?

User_Friendly

Reaction score
City, State
Lakewood, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT 2WD
Hey guys total newbie here. I have a question, I have an 2008 gen 4 XLT running 265/70r 17's and just picked up some lift spacers. I have 2.5' and 3" for the front with 2" for the rear.
Its not a 4x4, yeah I know, and I don't really ever go off road, so what lift should I run up front?
I don't think I'll need to swap out my upper control arms since its a city daily driver and I'm only lifting it for the look.
I do want that level look.
Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks

What do you mean by 3 inch spacers?is it the final lift dimension or the spacer thickness?

The main idea of higher front strut spacers is to keep your truck leveled..not really related to off road issues...

Anyways,2.5 (final dimension) front lift spacers puts your control arm balljoints in nearly critical wear angle without any offroad driving.in this condition you will have to check your balljoint wear more frequently (my moog oem spec standard control arms lasted for about a half a year with 2.5 inch front and 1.25 inch rear traxxda spacers,driver side balljoint nearly separated from his mounting bushing getting high deadly steering wobble on the road)

With 3 inch (final dimension) front and 2 inch rear spacers your truck will be possibly look leveled (instead of 2.5 and 2 inch to the rear)

But your control arms will need to be replaced to the longer ones for sure.

Back