• Register Today It's free!

2.5 pipe size

maikolo

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburg california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer XLT
I heard that 2.5 size piping for exuast is a good sizze and not too big. but were the size need to change if you were running dual outlets?

My stock 93 ex ran a single in and single out exhaust and now I have a single in and double out. ever since I got that my ex seems like its deaggin itself. I planning to redo my exhuast with flowmaster super 40 single in and double out but if I were to run single in and out would that be better since thats how the stock came for performance gain!?
when getting my new exhaust system should I run a single in and out? or does having a double out make a diffrerence at all?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on a v6, 2.25" is the most optimum, especially if you are going to do a catback setup..... 2.5" in that case is just overkill, and you will most likely have sever interior resonance if you use the flowmaster 40 as you are planning

having dual outs is looks only... if going dual out, i would personally do 2" for the full system, if you let it have too little backpressure, it loses low end torque

so the flowmaster super 40 dual outlet, 2" piping would be good...kool man Ill rember to post up the photos as soon as I get it done.

dont get 2" pipeing, that is way to small, id get 2.25" or 2.5", id use 2.5" piping in front of the muffler and 2.25" after if you running dual out

Dual 2 inch pipes would be more than sufficient for a 4.0 ohv.

i have a 93 4.0 v6 with flowmaster regular 40 series single in dual out 2.25 in pipes, got it a few monthes ago and its great the sound wasnt there much at first but as it got worn in it got louder, i havent noticed any significant losses/ gians but ther is this hill that i go up regularly at 60 mph with cruise control that before the exaust it would downshift about half way up but now it can make it all the way up without shifting, im not sure if that means it has more torque now or what. hope this helps

Back